Our growing, four-hospital health system in coastal South Carolina is seeking experienced writers for regular freelance work. Successful candidates will be part of a team of writers that produces content for our nationally award-winning health and wellness website, MyCarolinaLife.com. Applicants should expect to write several stories per month, typically in the range of 300-400 words.
We're looking for someone who can easily transition between writing compelling full-lengh feature stories and profiles to topical pieces that explore the latest news and research in health and wellness.
We don't use hard-news ledes, but we're quick to jump on breaking developments in health and wellness to explain why they matter to our patients and community. Before applying, we encourage you to visit MyCarolinaLife.com to get a feel for our approach.
Qualified Candidates Must Be Able to Demonstrate the Following
- 3-5 years of full-time, professional journalism experience with demonistrated background writing about health and wellness topics for a general audience
- Demonstrated experience writing feature/profile stories
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or a related field
- Ability to produce accurate and polished copy on a regular basis
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills
- Strong multi-tasking and communication skills
- Knowledge of, and interest in, health and wellness
- Fluency in AP style
- Ability to work autonomously and meet deadlines
- Strong research skills
- Ability to translate industry terminology into language a general audience can understand
This position is remote, but local writers are also encouraged to apply.
Send your resume and links to three writing samples to Carl Lindquist at email@example.com with “MyCarolinaLife.com writer” in the subject line. This is important because our system will automatically eliminate other emails as spam.