Outschool's mission is to inspire kids to love learning. We believe the best way to do that is by linking learning to kids’ interests, connecting them with others who share those interests, and giving them the autonomy to pick their own path. We provide small group classes that meet over live video chat where learners are connected with teachers and classmates who share their interests. These classes are offered through our marketplace and conducted on our remote learning platform.
Our business is growing explosively and as of August, 800,000 learners have taken more than over 4M class hours. We've more than quadrupled our team since the beginning of 2020 from 25 to 100 to keep up with growth. We’ve raised $57M since founding with most of that still in the bank. Our sales have grown 2000% in the past year to reach a run-rate of more than $100M.
We're an experienced team with past accomplishments at Airbnb, Square, Apple, Uber, Udemy, Amazon, Wikipedia, Google, and many startups. We came together because we wanted to make a difference in education and saw the opportunity to empower learners, teachers, and parents.
Now, in the face of mass school closures, our product and expertise have become central to many more families, teachers and organizations than ever before. We're committed to access and impact so we founded outschool.org to offer financial assistance to families in need.
Outschool is seeking a results-oriented Content Marketer who loves building relationships with customers through content creation. We are looking for someone with an exceptional storytelling ability, who has a deep understanding of how multi-media content can drive activation to purchase and increase LTV of Outschool parents.
This role will head all elements of content strategy and production across the organization, with a focus on the demand (parent/learner) side of the marketplace. You will be responsible for building a team that will create and produce all elements of written and video content across all paid, earned, and owned marketing channels.
You will also be responsible for building out our creative content workflow (e.g., prioritize requests) and infrastructure (e.g., CMS) that scales across the organization.
This role reports to the Head of Marketing, is the first functional hire within Content on the Marketing team, and comes with a budget to build a team of in-house professionals/agencies.
- Develop a short and long-term SEO strategy and work cross-functionally to scale channels quickly with the ultimate goal of achieving specific key results for acquisition via search
- Creative, content and organic social team management
- Develop and deliver an integrated content strategy and roadmap
- Hire team/agencies to execute exceptional content on time and within budget
- Conduct market research and distill insights on opportunities to up-level content quality and efficacy in supporting business goals
- Analyze content characteristics (e.g., tone, aesthetic) and identify patterns that drive business performance (e.g., acquisition)
- Produce a steady stream of high-quality content to drive traffic and demand
- Develop a strategy for engaging our community across all owned social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube
Desired Experience & Skills
- 7+ years experience working in digital content production, with at least 4 years in B2C content marketing and ideally some experience in education or working with parents
- Strong writing background, with experience writing, editing, and proofreading content
- Views content through a journalism lens with intense focus on research and discipline in communication
- Proven track record in content development across multiple formats for multiple audiences
- Customer-centric mentality, ability to understand the customer’s needs and challenges and translate them into compelling content
- A vision of how to operationalize building a portfolio of content to support acquisition and retention objectives
- Understanding of the characteristics of high-performing creative concepts and ability to create an environment well suited for generating ideas
- Experience developing and executing A/B tests on creative concepts
- Proficiency in content management system (e.g. Hubspot, Wordpress) and Google Analytics
- You have the experience and the desire to create high-functioning systems and build new tools, systems, and processes within a quickly growing organization
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Background in brand building and understanding of key brand frameworks in content development
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams (e.g., product, marketing) to drive high priority business goals
- You care about learning and education and want to make it better
- Shared Financial Success: Competitive salaries, stock options, and a 401k that makes saving for retirement easier.
- Health and Wellness: Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage options for employees and their families. Our medical benefits include fertility and family planning coverage. We also provide employees with online access to coaching and therapy sessions through our partner, ModernHealth.
- PTO and Family Benefits: PTO and family leave enable our team to take the time that we need to recharge, relax, and spend time with family and friends.
- Remote First: With over 50% of our team distributed across the US and Canada, we create a remote culture through expensable weekly meals, virtual events, expensable home office setup, and internet allowance.
- Lifelong Learners: Annual budgets to self-direct our professional development as well as DEI learning. There’s also a budget for employees’ learners to take classes on Outschool!
- Community Impact: Outschool matches employee donations to established 501c3s, and has committed to donating $3M to Outschool.org non-profit programs.
Outschool is an equal opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and a competitive advantage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and experience.
Outschool is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to disabled veterans and applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Must be a citizen or legal resident of the U.S. or Canada and reside in U.S. or Canada.