Misen is seeking a Head of Content to lead the strategy and execution of content ideation and creation across all marketing channels.
As Misen grows, the importance of proactively helpful, interesting, and captivating content will only become more critical and we’re looking for someone who wants to help us build the future of cookware content from the ground up.
As the Head of Content, you’ll have the freedom and power to act as writer, editor, storyboarder, producer, and strategist each and every day - coupled with the support and resources of a stellar in-house creative team. This person will understand what content we are trying to produce for a specific channel, distill the why and work cross-functionality with our Creative and Marketing team to execute.
We’re looking for someone who is comfortable with writing short pithy copy for an Instagram post and then seamlessly transitioning to storyboarding and writing VO scripts for a series of Youtube videos.
If you are highly creative and collaborative, have an exceptionally strong foundation in storytelling (regardless of channel or medium) - then you’re exactly who we’re looking for. And if you can combine all those qualities with an understanding of how content can achieve measurable business goals - then you’ll thrive in the role.
You will report to and work with our Creative Director based in our Greenpoint office. We don’t like red tape or telling people what to do. We believe you’ll be your own best boss, and do everything we can to mentor, support, and help you grow.
This role does not need to be based in our Greenpoint Headquarters and we are accepting remote applicants.
What Your Average Day Will Look Like
- Establish scalable content strategy programs across all channels including: organic/paid SEO articles and videos, Youtube, Facebook, Instagram, email, our site
- Craft thoughtful, compelling, and approachable content briefs that lead to tangible, positive results for our audience
- Bring the perspective and insights of an experienced writer, content strategist, brand advocate, and editor to the process
- Help establish frameworks that hold our content to high standards of clarity, effectiveness, and style, ensuring that all of our content is on-brand and consistent
- Collaborate closely with the Care Team to help understand how content can provide more help to our customers and community
- Write. You know, because that’s what content makers do
Who You Are
- Great writer and communicator
- High degree of content development experience. Demonstrated success crafting stories and publishing content in a variety of formats across a range of channels. Even better if you have a portfolio to back it up
- Constantly question the status quo and believe there is always a way we can continuously improve
- Experience taking vague concepts like, “let’s show people how to cut better” and can turn that idea into a concrete article, story, image, or video keeps people captivated
- Understands content has to be great, but more importantly, it has to also help achieve business goals
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- You are inherently a curious person that loves to ideate, test, learn, and repeat. You love the process itself just as much as the end result
- Bonus points if you love cooking or have experience creating food and cooking content
Nervous you don’t meet every single requirement? Don’t worry, no one does. There’s no such thing as the perfect candidate, so if you have some skills and think you can help us - apply!
You’ll Love Working at Misen Because
- We are a team of smart, interesting, diverse, funny, and loving people
- We offer competitive compensation, generous health benefits (health, vision, dental), a fun and relaxed office environment
- We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy and find fulfillment in your work very seriously
- We have no limit on vacation, work from home or sick days because we understand the value of relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and seeing the world
- We love dogs and currently, our “CEO” (Chief Eating Officer), Fluffnut, rules the roost...but we welcome others to join the team.
Our name comes from ‘mise en place’ — a culinary term that means “to put in place.” Chefs use the term to describe the process of setting up their stations before service. Misen is an ode to mise en place; better cooking through proper preparation with quality tools.
Our mission at Misen (www.misen.co) is to inspire and enable great cooking. For us, well-made kitchen tools are essential to that; whether it’s getting a perfect golden sear with a quality pan or beautifully slicing vegetables with a sharp knife, quality tools create better meals - and just make cooking more fun. By selling directly to consumers online and cutting out retail middlemen, we’re able to offer thoughtfully designed and premium-quality kitchen tools at honest prices.
We launched in 2015, with our Chef’s Knife raising over $1M in Kickstarter pledges. Since then, we’ve been slowly expanding our offerings for the kitchen—including stainless steel cookware and nonstick pans—and have even bigger plans for the future. Now, we’re looking for a few incredible humans to help us build the next phase of our growth.