Writing great content isn't just a marketing tactic; content is the expression of our expertise and one of the most valuable aspects of the service we provide.
It often forms the start of an individual's experience with Chameleon — it's our first impression as a company. It's a key differentiator of our quality, personality, and culture, and also a way for us to add value to the whole community. Regardless of how good our product is, or how much we succeed, our content is and should be highly regarded and sought after.
As we look to expand this, distribute it more effectively, and work more closely with partners, we're hoping you can help us take our content work to the next level.
Each day is different at Chameleon; we're learning, experimenting, and growing together – and it's exciting!
You will have a pretty broad mandate to own and grow our marketing efforts through content:
Help Create the Content Strategy
- SEO research and tracking to map to company strategy
- Work on a flywheel content strategy with the team—bringing everything together for an “always-on” approach to content and marketing
- Own the content roadmap; plan posts based on keywords and audience
- Create a partnership strategy and establish marketing relationships
- Determine our strongest channels for content success and double down on them
Manage the Production of Content
- Create outlines to help freelancers write expert-level articles for our niches
- Manage a distributed team of writers to meet quality and time expectations
- Publish content via our website CMS, editing as necessary (images, links, SEO, etc.)
- Collaborate and partner with external blog managers and product leaders for guest posting
- Write, edit, and collaborate on product content where relevant (e.g. customer case studies, in-app microcopy, review email newsletters)
Execute Distribution of Our Content
- Own organic growth of our blog traffic and newsletter email list
- Manage and execute the promotion of our content to a wider audience, e.g. outreach campaigns to mentioned & associated companies/influencers, ads, social media postings, etc.
- Create and nurture relationships with partners and other content managers
- Invite product experts to share their opinions and contribute to our content (you love making new SaaS friends!)
- Manage the repurposing of our content (e.g. Quora answers, Slideshare slides, YouTube videos, etc.)
Make the Right Decisions With the Best Tools
- Collaboration tools: Google Docs, Slack, Trello, Airtable
- CMS: Statamic (similar to WordPress)
- Other relevant tools: Buffer, Ahrefs, Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Search Console, Surfer SEO
Skills and Experience That Will Aid Success in This Role
- 3+ years experience as a Content Manager or Senior Writer within the SaaS space with a portfolio of examples and campaigns
- An advanced understanding of SEO and how to incorporate effective SEO into content
- Excellent understanding of the needs of our audience (comprising technical product managers, product marketers, and other product operators) and how that shapes the tone, style, and content we produce.
- Ability and interest to write intelligently and in-depth (including technical concepts) in our core topics: product-led growth, UX, user psychology, user onboarding, SaaS, etc.
- Reliability and commitment to publishing high-quality content on time
- Ability to coach, manage, and copy-edit a team of multiple remote writers and outreach specialists
- You have a fully functioning workstation and a quiet place to work (and take calls) with a high-speed internet connection
- You are in a GMT +/- 2 hours timezone (i.e. based in 🇮🇪 🇪🇸 🇬🇧 🇩🇪 🇳🇬 etc.)
- This is your full-time job (no other part-time roles)
- Fluency (written and verbal) in English.