Joni and Friends is seeking an independent contractor for an initial 6 month contract (with an option to renew) to assist in research of potential grants that are a fit for the organization and drafting of grant proposals.
Scope of Work
- Write draft versions of grants that are a good fit for Joni and Friends and its area ministries that communicate the vision and purpose of each project succinctly and effectively
- Write and prepare draft corporate and program case statements, letters of intent, grant proposals, and grant reports
- Research new foundation opportunities, determine eligibility, and communicate guidelines
- Follow Annual Grants Calendar
- Help maintain current information for proposals, reports, contacts, and deadlines
- Review reports, newsletters, brochures and other materials for integration and inclusion in grant proposal packages
Prior to applying for any position with Joni and Friends, all applicants must review our Statement of Faith and Mission Statement (below) and be in agreement with both.
As a ministry, Joni and Friends strives to exemplify Jesus Christ and bring Glory to God in all we say and do. To that end, employment at Joni and Friends is to be taken seriously as one who is not simply considering employment, but committing to the core mission of the organization to fulfill the biblical mandate of inclusion of those with disabilities into the full-life of the church. All employees of Joni and Friends participate in its ministry wide prayer life, leadership training and other general staff training that may take place from time to time.
Below outlines the vision, mission, values and pillars of Joni and Friends:
VISION: “A world where every person with a disability finds hope, dignity, and their place in the body of Christ.”
MISSION: “To glorify God as we communicate the Gospel and mobilize the global church to evangelize, disciple and serve people living with disability.”
BIBLICAL COMMISSION: “Go out quickly in the streets and alleys of the town and bring in the poor, the crippled, the blind and the lame…go out to the roads and country lanes and compel them to come in, so that my house will be full.” Luke 14:21-23 (NIV)
- Honor God in everything we do.
- Build relationships based on trust and respect.
- Maintain integrity and excellence in programs and services.
- Practice responsible stewardship
Four Pillars of Ministry
- Lead Like Jesus*
- Excellence in area of expertise
- Best Christian Workplace
Lead Like Jesus is a course of study provided to all employees and is based on the book written by Ken Blanchard and Phil Hodges of the same name. The Lead Like Jesus course is the model which governs our ministry culture and contributes significantly to Joni and Friends maintaining its certification as a “Best Christian Workplace” according to surveys by the Best Christian Workplace Institute (BCWI).