Complex Networks, formed from the acquisition of Complex Media Inc. through a joint venture by Verizon and Hearst, is a global lifestyle brand and media company and one of the most influential voices in popular culture today. Complex Networks’ digital channels, which include Complex, First We Feast, Pigeons & Planes, Sole Collector and more, is a Top 10 publisher in the U.S. for social engagement on channels like Facebook and YouTube. A diversified and profitable media business with premium distribution partners such as Netflix, Hulu, Pluto TV, Roku, and iFlix, Complex Networks’ original content exemplifies convergence culture, exploring topics that span across popular culture from music to movies, sports to video games, fashion to food.
- Pitching and writing 6-8 stories per shift
- Cover breaking news with quick, insightful analysis
- Proofreading and fact-checking your own work, prior to turning it in to your editor
- Actively monitor sources of breaking news (News sites, Twitter/Instagram, internal communications) and be prepared to jump on news seconds after it happens
- Editing and writing clean, fast, and accurate copy, headlines, and photo and video captions
- Fact-check and perform light research to ensure accuracy of information presented
- 2+ years writing and/or editing experience for a newspaper or online journalism organization
- Trustworthy news judgement and an understanding of the right angles for the right stories
- Flawless spelling, grammar, and usage in your writing
- Exceptional multi-tasking and communication skills
- Understand Complex’s blend of internet, music, pop culture, and entertainment.
- Possess a deep understanding of who's who of influencers and celebrities that align with Complex tone and voice
- Familiarity with working in a CMS
- Ability to work under pressure while juggling tight deadlines
- Image cropping experience a plus
Complex Networks offers an awesome casual work environment with a great team of smart, motivated, innovative and fun people. And our benefits are pretty good as well, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long term disability, generous time off and a 401k match! We hold tons of events throughout the year including happy hours and team building activities.
About Complex Networks
Complex Networks develops and distributes original programming for its channels and through output deals with premium distributors. The company cultivates content that spans across popular culture from music to movies, sports to video games, fashion to food, reaching the coveted 18-24-year-old male audience. In 2016, the company launched ComplexCon in Long Beach, California, to bring the “Internet to life.” The annual event attracts over 200 culture-shifting brands and over 60,000 digitally savvy attendees to the two-day cultural festival.