Apply by: Feb 02nd, 2021
At Blinkist, we don’t just accept our differences — we celebrate and support them. We are committed to provide equal employment opportunity and strongly encourage you to apply regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point after applying, please let us know.
At Blinkist, we deliver key messages from a wide variety of nonfiction books in our Blinks, which are approximately 3,300 words, each explaining key messages from the book. In order to achieve this, we rely on a large network of highly skilled and experienced freelancers. We’re now looking to add to this incredible team.
- Read assigned books and capture the key messages from them
- Turn the key messages into factually sound, engaging, well-written Blinks
- Respond to edits from the in-house Content team and other freelancers
- 2+ years of experience in professional copywriting, creative writing or journalistic writing
- Capacity to work for 25 hours per month
- Love of great nonfiction books
- Ability to read, write and speak English at a C2 Level
- Ability to read quickly, deeply, and accurately
- A commitment to deadlines
- High responsiveness to feedback and edits
- Experience with Google Docs
- Excellent self-organization
- [Bonus] Academic or other experience in economics, psychology, science, business, or cultural / postcolonial studies.
- [Bonus] Experience with writing for audio or audio production
We inspire people to keep learning.
You’ll be a part of a smart, talented and exceedingly friendly team of freelancers who all contribute their specific skills to creating interesting, insightful and meaningful content for our Blinks. You’ll not only develop the skills needed to efficiently analyze content, you’ll be able to stay up-to-date with the latest works in your fields of interest and expertise.
We know that freelancers often have to juggle many different tasks and roles; therefore, we have designed our process to be highly flexible. We try as hard as we can to ensure you can work whenever is best for you.
As part of the application, we ask you to complete a first test task which you can retrieve at https://rebrand.ly/s3vffxk
After reviewing your skills and qualifications, we may then ask you to complete a more in-depth second trial task, which will be compensated. We look forward to your online application by Tuesday, Feb 02nd.