Blink is a UX research and design firm that works with great companies to create meaningful digital products, brands, and experiences. With studios in Seattle, San Diego, San Francisco, Boston, and Austin, Blink brings two decades of experience using our evidence-driven design process to projects for clients such as Microsoft, Amazon, Starbucks, and NASA.
Blink is always looking for a talented and experienced Freelance Visual Designers that can be available as a resource for client/project-based design needs. This person will need to have an ability to craft elegant solutions and clearly articulate work within a broad creative team and to the client.
Here is a bit more information about what freelancers can expect when working with Blink:
• We work with Freelancers on a project-to-project basis. Projects at Blink usually range from 1-4 months in length. Opportunities can be both full-time or part-time depending on the project.
• We love working with Freelancers long-term, but work opportunities can come and go throughout a year. This isn't a great fit for a lot of people who prefer more full-time, permanent work.
• Freelancers for Blink work on user-centered design and brand projects. This could include design work like mood boards, visual guidelines, brand workshops, ideation and more.
While we may not have a need now - that could change next week! Feel free to submit your information to us via this application and we'll keep you in mind as those opportunities arise.
- Develop moodboards, create visual guidelines, design pixel perfect mockups, and refine interface solutions that embody brand essence and illustrate user experience moments.
- Create branding, visual systems, and interfaces for a broad range of projects, industries, and platforms.
- Work closely with the UX team during ideation, concepting, and problem-solving in order to create visually integrated systems.
- Translate wireframes or concepts into pixel-perfect design.
- 5-7 years of experience as a visual designer within a collaborative environment
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in graphic design, interaction design, or related work experience.
- A portfolio demonstrating breadth, creativity, and craftsmanship
- Intuitive understanding for great digital experiences
- Experience designing visual brand systems
- Broad range of visual styles
- Ability to articulate strategy for design choices
- Strong written, oral, and presentation skills
- Experience working on a wide variety of innovative projects
- Understanding of UX and interaction design
- Pro-level fluency in Adobe creative suite
- Ability to deliver quality work within a time-sensitive environment
- Passionate about using visual design to solve problems
- Take ownership of work
- Acute attention to detail
- Excitement to collaborate with peers
- Enjoy a close-knit office culture
- Passion for learning
Blink is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.