Are you a detail-oriented, passionate editor who enjoys learning and reading technical content? Are you able to give constructive and positive feedback to subject matter experts who might be new to writing professionally?
We're currently looking for 1-2 freelance editors to join the team at Draft.dev!
About the Company
Draft.dev is a content marketing agency focused on creating in-depth, technical content for growing technology startups. We work with subject matter experts from around the world to create tutorials, blog posts, and e-books for our clients. Founded in 2020, we're a small but quickly growing team of technologists, writers, marketers, editors, and designers.
And now we're looking for the latest addition to our editing team.
We'd Like Someone Who Can
- Give writers feedback and guidance to structure their articles
- Clean up writing for clarity and readability, especially for ESL writers
- Understand complex technical topics at a high level
- Promptly and clearly communicate with writers and Draft.dev team members
- 3+ years of professional editing and/or writing experience in technical or comparably complex subject matter
- Proficient in copy editing, comfortable with line editing and development editing
- 10–20 work hours available per week
- Deliver on deadlines
- Adhere to and improve editing processes, style guides, etc.
- Comfortable in all-remote environment
- Flexible hours, location, and (almost always) asynchronous work
- $40/hour starting pay rate
- Work directly with Draft.dev's Managing Editor for guidance
- Help shape the direction of a quickly-growing small business and help our freelance writers improve their skills
- Submit your application.
- Top applicants will be asked to complete a paid trial assignment.
- You'll join a 30-minute intro call to learn more about our process and team.