CGI is looking for a Senior Consultant to join our Federal organization. As a member of the team, you will work as a Financial Technical Writer to assist a defense agency in providing support for execution, programming, budgeting, and financial management systems support to optimize efficiency of all resources and activities required to ensure operational functionality.
Work is located on client site in Falls Church, Virginia.
Per Federal stipulation, Active Secret Clearance required.
Your Future Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide financial management and financial management system written material and instructions for DoD’s Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA) financial management regulations and operating procedures.
• Create standard operating procedures and pamphlets for internal financial management, operations for budget formulation, budget execution, civilian pay role, and general financial management process and procedures supporting the overarching PFPA Financial Management Division.
• Work with PFPA Financial Management Officer, Budget Execution, and Budget Formulation support leads to identify all documentation repositories, revise and edit, and determine the best solution for data compilation and centralized storage.
• Ensure that all products and services provided are consistent with PFPA policy, with other information presented by the PFPA client, with style requirements of PFPA, and are written at the appropriate level for the intended audience.
• Prepare original papers, articles, or reports based on research and interviews with experts and program officials at the PFPA agency.
• Develop Master Schedule with list of taskings/deliverables
• Provide weekly status reports, manage project timelines, identify key project members and facilitate project team meetings
• Plan, develop, and edit operational desktop procedures and manuals
• Resarch, develop and document new processes within the business
• Maintain a comprehensive library of documentation of actions and progression
• Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
• Manage updates and revisions to documents: version control, periodic review, updates to accommodate system changes
• Track all required attestation and signoffs from business partners
• Manage project timelines
• Deliver effective communication of project progress and issues to key stakeholder on a consistent basis
• Ensure documents (templates, content, ISSO) meet requirements of outstanding audit requirements
• Maintain consistent use of project templates – including agendas, meeting minutes, and project plans
Required Qualifications To Be Successful in This Role
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in DoD Financial Management – including the following:
o DoD operations for budget formulation
o DoD policies and guidelines (PFPA preferred)
o DoD process improvement and project management
o Knowledgeable in DoD financial management and accounting systems, regulations, and publications
o Knowledgeable in DoD financial management law, the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA)and the DODFMR
• BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, or related field
• Experience supporting Federal Financial Management business operations and experience specific to Technical Writing
• Excellent communication, customer service and organizational skills
• Must be fully fluent in MS Office applications, including Outlook, Word and Excel
• Must be fluent in Federal Finance and Accounting Laws and Regulations
What You Can Expect From Us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.