At Crux Investor, we deliver the key insights from the long-winded business news. We help everyday investors understand the news from Wall St to Silicon Valley in quick briefings, each approximately 200-300 words. We’re looking for a skilled and experienced writer to help us make reading the news actually enjoyable.
What We Offer
We’re offering a fixed-term contract to work on daily news coverage 5 days a week. This is a flexible, remote role — work where you want, how you want, whenever is best for you. You’ll develop a knack for cutting through the noise, whilst staying up to date with the latest developments in the business world.
- Identify the top 3-5 stories each day
- Turn the key messages into factually sound, engaging, well-written briefings
We are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic writer who understands how to write and organise news accurately and quickly. The ideal candidate is passionate about how the investing & business worlds affect the everyday person.
You should be able to explain complex events with world-class clarity, precision, and a commitment to accuracy. Being able to answer “why does this matter?” in plain English, for an everyday audience is essential. We aim to never be dull or stuffy—not a small ask for a topic like this.
- Bonus: 3+ years of experience writing or editing finance content.
- Bonus: Hold a CFP, CPA, CFA, or degree in finance, accounting, economics, or statistics
- Native-level written communication skills in English
- Ability to write in the Crux Investor style (engaging, efficient, accessible)
- Experience with CMS
Send an email to email@example.com with a brief intro, examples of your written work, and your CV. If your profile’s a good fit, we’ll ask you to complete a preliminary paid writing test, and then arrange an introductory call to get to know each other better!