At Angi, we are revolutionizing the way that every American homeowner improves and maintains their home. We do this by creating digital products and experiences to help hundreds of millions of homeowners connect with talented service professionals to get work done. We are a two-sided marketplace that is reimagining how people care for and improve their homes while also nurturing growth of independent small businesses. As #1 in the home services category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
The Content & Editorial team at Angi and HomeAdvisor is looking for experienced Freelance Financial Data Writers to join our growing network of contributors. We’re building best-in-class digital content to help our users learn how to improve and take care of their homes.
This Is a Freelance Position
As a freelance writer for HomeAdvisor, powered by Angi, you will work with the Content & Editorial team to create and update engaging, informative articles that help homeowners understand the cost of common household projects, such as plumbing, electrical, interior/exterior home painting, landscaping, and more.
Freelance writers will receive content briefs that contain details about each assignment, including priority keywords, suggested headlines, meta data, and subheadings, as well as general voice and tone guidelines and other best practices. Writers will be responsible for implementing changes based on feedback from Content Editors.
Content Properties You Will Write For Include, But Are Not Limited To
In This Role, You’ll
- Write 5 to 10 long-form cost guides per month (2,000+ words), submitting articles throughout the month to meet deadlines.
- Research and obtain financial/technical data, and then write compelling data-driven stories that are factually correct and original.
- Analyze data (such as total project costs, material breakdowns, labor costs, and cost factors) and break it down for readers in a clear, digestible way.
- Optimize articles for SEO using keywords, tables, visuals, etc.
- Incorporate edits and feedback from Content Editors, up to two rounds.
- Coordinate with the Content Project Manager for assignments and deadlines.
- Create content that upholds Angi’s brand voice/tone, grammatical and factual accuracy, readability, and expertise, authority, and trust.
- Adopt a brand voice that is insightful, useful, relevant, engaging, and ultimately more helpful than any other content online.
- Ensure all work is free of grammatical errors prior to publication.
- Record time or projects accurately, submit itemized invoices on time, and follow up on payment, as needed, directly with our Accounts Payable department.
You’re Fit for This Role If You’re
- Comfortable writing content for the web and have at least 2 years of experience doing so.
- Knowledgeable about SEO and proficient at incorporating best practices into your writing.
- Skilled in translating sometimes complicated topics and data into articles that are clear and easy to digest.
- Well-versed in calculating common home projects using square footage, linear feet, labor, and more.
- Experienced writing for home, lifestyle, real estate, and/or construction markets is preferred.
- Adept at using Grammarly, Google Docs, or other editing tools.
- Familiar with project management tools such as Monday.com is a plus.
- A degree in English, Communications, Creative/Technical Writing, Journalism, or a related degree is preferred, but equivalent experience will be seriously considered.
Rate & Benefits
- The rate band for this position ranges from $0.25 – $0.35 per word, commensurate with experience and performance.
- This is a freelance position and is not eligible for company benefits.