Future’s Games group creates international, market-leading content, delivered through scale websites GamesRadar and PC Gamer, award-winning print brands, and Events that reach millions of gamers.
The group’s magazine brands include Edge, Retro Gamer and PC Gamer. Events include the Future Games Show, the PC Gaming Show and The Golden Joystick Awards
To help shape GamesRadar's feature output, with a strong focus on consoles, PC and gaming culture, reporting directly to the Features Editor.
In addition to Feature writing, the role will include the creation of news, lists, op-eds, and other editorial material, as required.
The successful candidate will be as comfortable developing the site’s suite of ‘evergreen’ articles, as reacting to breaking news and events to meet the needs of our audience.
They will play a key role in developing our features strategy, under the guidance of the Features Editor, helping to decide what areas we should cover, and growing the GamesRadar brand. They will be experienced in writing, and editing, with a growing list of industry and journalism contacts; plus a strong grounding in SEO principles.
They will also help generate ideas that can be executed by the global team, and assist with any aspect of GamesRadar that requires their expertise. Uncovering great exclusive stories, interviews and angles using a variety of sources is also a key part of the role.
This role will also provide an opportunity to shape features into feature-led video content, identifying areas where video could help build the brand's voice and identity. The successful candidate will therefore be comfortable on camera, and be keen to develop their own voice and style, playing a key role in establishing the site’s voice and identity.
- Creating and editing features for GamesRadar
- Contributing to the weekly feature output on GamesRadar to grow the brand identity with a mix of regular features, op-eds, interviews and research articles.
- Promoting news and features through GamesRadar's social media channels and optimising stories for SEO.
- Editing the work of others where required, and working with the wider GamesRadar team to nurture feature ideas, particularly in the video space.
- Developing industry contacts that'll yield stories in the future, whether for innovative indie games or established blockbusters.
- Attending industry trade shows and press events on our behalf.
- Reviewing new releases when required.
- Helping grow and maintain existing developer relationships
- Assisting with the creation and maintenance of core evergreen content
- The successful candidate will need to be willing and able to travel internationally and within the UK (guidelines permitting). Some after hours work will also be required at key times.
- Role is working in our Bath office.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a global team
- The drive to create multiple features per week from ideation, writing, editing, and social media distribution
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Experience with features writing in a previous role or in a freelance capacity
- Confidence to plan and carry out interviews with key game developers
- A willingness to get involved with video creation would be an added bonus
- An interest in a wide range of video game genres and IPs
- A strong understanding of SEO
- A diplomatic, can-do attitude that seeks to get the job done
What will I get in return?
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
- Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right!)
- A share in our success- every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Free digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines
- Regular staff socials arranged by our wonderful Employee Community & Culture committees (when we get back to the office)
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
We Are Future
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers
Future is a global multi-platform media company and leading digital publisher, with scalable brands and diversified revenue streams. We are dedicated to connecting over 300 million people worldwide with their passions, through expert content, world-class events and cutting-edge proprietary technology. We have big ambitions to transform media and change people’s lives.
We have a market-leading portfolio of over 220 brands spanning across technology, gaming, TV & entertainment, women’s lifestyle, music, sport, creative and photography, home interest and B2B. You may have heard of us…
But a stellar heritage isn’t enough. We continue to grow our portfolio and launch new brands, restlessly looking to improve, innovate and push the boundaries of what can be done. We develop leading-edge technology which is disrupting the media marketplace.
Together, we’re exceeding the expectations of everyone we exist for – our audiences, clients, staff and shareholders. In a short space of time, Future has transformed into an innovative global media platform.
We reap the rewards too, of course, with a fun and creative place to work with endless opportunities to forge a career. We believe in teamwork that transcends location, so we don’t have a Future HQ but a globally connected workforce across the UK, US, Europe and Australia.
Every kind of talent is celebrated here.. We hire for person not for the role, looking for people who share our ambitions to be bold and innovate, making Future a global success story.
Let’s do this!
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why this is your dream job!
Inclusion & Diversity
At Future we are passionate about ensuring that as a business, we are continuing to promote diversity and inclusion not just in our recruitment processes, but everything we do.
Future is an equal opportunity employer and we will continue to ensure our recruitment process will be free of bias and our workplaces are inclusive, positive, free of discrimination and respects all backgrounds and beliefs. Our culture is underpinned by our values which will continue to ensure that all applicants, current and future employees are treated with respect and fairness.
We are continuing to be inclusive in our approach to flexible working, ensuring that we are making adjustments where required and providing our employees the tools and support to enable them to grow and flourish in their careers.