Bustle Digital Group is seeking a remote, part-time Fashion Commerce Writer to join our growing Commerce and Affiliate Marketing team.
As a Fashion Commerce Writer, you will research and write shopping guides and product roundups focused on fashion (which includes apparel, shoes, and accessories), as well as revise existing fashion articles for voice, accuracy, and SEO best practices. You’ll have the opportunity to work across BDG’s brands, including Bustle, The Zoe Report, Elite Daily, Romper, Mic, and Inverse.
The Commerce team operates separately from each site’s editorial teams, and Commerce articles are written to generate revenue from sales of products featured in the articles. The success of an article is measured based on the affiliate revenue it earns — this means a strong candidate needs to not only be a strong writer but able to effectively communicate what makes a product worth purchasing.
The ideal candidate should have three or more years of experience in fashion writing for online or print publications. Previous experience with commerce or affiliate content writing, reporting, and SEO is a plus. Most importantly, candidates should be knowledgeable about fashion and passionate about researching and shopping online, particularly on Amazon Fashion.
Candidates must be able to work remotely at least two days per week, Monday through Friday, during standard business hours. Please do not apply unless you have this availability.
Examples of Commerce Team Fashion Stories
- The 20 Best Underwire Swimsuits
- The 9 Best Booties For Dresses
- The 9 Best Shoulder Bags
- The 6 Best Puffer Jackets For Men
- Write assigned shopping guides and product roundups for BDG brands such as Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, and Romper
- Conduct research about apparel, shoes, and accessories for assigned articles
- Reach out to experts as needed
- Work closely with your editor to ensure that articles are informative, conversational, and optimized for SEO
- Update existing fashion articles for accuracy, voice, and SEO best practices
- 3+ years of editorial or copywriting experience in the fashion industry
- Excellent time management and organization
- Availability to work remotely 2-3 days per week during business hours, M-F (do not apply unless you have this availability)
- BONUS if you have previous experience with: Commerce or fashion copywriting
- Reporting and interviewing experts by email or phone
- Working remotely
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, Input, Gawker, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.