Apartment Therapy Media helps people live happily and healthily in their homes. Since Maxwell Ryan founded Apartment Therapy in 2004, it has become an award-winning authority of design inspiration and real-life home solutions while Kitchn has earned its place as the go-to resource for home cooks looking to plan and prep better meals for their families. Together, the two sites reach over 650 million people every month across all platforms and have more than 100 people working in both our sunny NYC office and around the US.
The Kitchn is looking for a full-time Executive Editor to join its team. This person will have at least a decade of experience in the digital media world, preferably with a food, culture, or lifestyle background. They should have a proven track record in leading teams, editing copy, growing traffic, project managing editorial features, and working with video.
- Work closely with all members of the editorial team to grow and strengthen Kitchn’s voice and reach
- Smartly scale Kitchn’s traffic across all platforms
- Shepherd large-scale editorial projects from infancy to completion
- Act as the editor-in-chief’s deputy for all initiatives
- Focus on big-picture moments rather than day-to-day minutiae
- Work closely with the Growth team to amplify Kitchn’s presence on all platforms
- Work closely with the Video team to launch new concepts
- Minimum of 10 years experience working in an editorial capacity, with several years of leadership and direct management experience
- Sharp and honed editing and writing skills
- Well-versed understanding of the digital food media space
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to balance multiple priorities
- Expertise in traffic analytics, social metrics, and SEO best practices.