Discovery Community College is a Designated Private Career College, with campuses across Vancouver Island, the Lower Mainland and Interior BC. Our goal is to provide all of our students with an exceptional educational experience that fully prepares them to be job-ready in their chosen field.
We’re looking for an individual to help in the development of the ESL curriculum for our Health Care Assistant (HCA) program.
This applicant will be responsible for developing 300 hours of digital courses and instructional materials that align with the Canadian Language Benchmarks Listening 7, Speaking 7, Reading 6 and Writing 6 as the outcome criteria.
This individual will need to demonstrate an awareness and alignment with expected language standards and appropriate CLB levels.
Relevant Experience And/or Knowledge (But Not Limited To)
- MUST hold a TESL Canada Professional Standard Two and demonstrate, in resume, proven experience teaching CLB levels of level 5 and above.
- Experience in classroom teaching, curriculum development or other related formal educational experience required.
- Demonstrated proven in-depth subject specific knowledge in content development and instructional excellence required.
- Ability to write, review and edit high quality content for both educators and students.
- Great written and verbal communication skills to articulate best practices while maintaining the quality of the curriculum.
- Knowledge of development processes to build digital products.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to focus on the details required to produce quality content.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team.
Thank you for your interest in this position.