Love writing? We’re looking for you.
Endgame360 is a 100% virtual media company that runs www.cheatsheet.com, www.sportscasting.com, www.remoter.co, and www.motorbiscuit.com. At Endgame360, our primary objective is to delight our 50+ million monthly readers with high-quality content. We are a creative organization at our core and relentlessly strive to foster a cycle of success: Building the best company possible, to attract and retain the best talent available, to produce the best content in the world for our readers. Publishing since 2009, we have continued to grow our audience along with the number of sites we operate.
As a Writer on the Showbiz team you will
- Report to a team lead or site leader, and focus on providing high-quality coverage for your site(s) across a wide range of topics.
- Develop unique story ideas and angles based on breaking and trending news, social media, and your industry knowledge of what will perform well in the organic search space.
- Follow the quality guidelines for our site(s), demonstrate knowledge of what a quality article on our site(s) is, and avoid issues of problematic headlines, weak attribution, poor grammar, and other potential issues that could cause readers to view our site’s work in a negative light.
- Produce 4-6 winning search articles each working day by identifying trending topics and covering multiple ideas per day with a high pageview rating.
- Achieve/maintain a monthly page view threshold that aligns with the company’s current goals for your site.
- Collaborate with our Editorial team and join scheduled meetings to understand what does/doesn’t work for a story on your site(s). Demonstrate flexibility and a willingness to re-focus coverage when necessary.
- Dive into research, making use of linking and sourcing best practices, to show your stories are based on more than just one person’s opinion.
- Consistently deliver high-quality, self-edited, and professional articles. Have the ability to self-edit articles and the desire to continue honing your grammar skills. Show an ability to work autonomously.
- Take a data-driven approach to writing utilizing our in-house analytics tool and Google Analytics (GA) to gain insights on article performance. Use GA to track progress toward monthly data benchmarks of performance.
- Use our workflow and communication tools as a core function of performing all aspects of this role and communicating within the company. These tools include Slack, Asana, and GSuite.
- Participate in meetings and calls, including individual, and small and large group settings, utilizing video call technology.
- Promote your work on our branded social media channels.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to meet/utilize company standard operating procedures or guidelines.
- Work in a fast-paced, ever-changing, and demanding remote environment.
What makes Endgame360 a great place to work?
- We are a recognized digital media leader with more than 50 million monthly readers.
- We are a tightly-knit team that is passionate about the overall product and strives to be experts in the field. We have a collaborative culture driven by mutual respect that fosters regular feedback and group discussion.
- We are an exciting, growing company and we want you to grow with us. At Endgame360, your career is what you make of it.
- Work from home, a coffee shop, or anywhere of your choosing. We have a distributed workforce, which means that you can work from wherever you want in your hometown (or during travel!) and collaborate with brilliant colleagues from around the country.
- We offer competitive salaries, a flexible vacation program, paid parental leave, paid family medical leave, health, dental & vision insurance, 401k contributions, and continuing education reimbursements. Our editorial team is also eligible for monthly bonuses based on performance.
What you will need to be successful in this role
- Be located in one of the following states: CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, MA, MI, MO, NC, NJ, NM, NY, OH, PA, TN, TX, or VA.
- A four-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- A background in and passion for writing about a variety of topics relevant to the site you will be writing for, as well as a voice that you’re looking to hone.
- A drive to reach audiences with engaging and well-researched headlines.
- A working knowledge of SEO and previous experience using WordPress is preferred, but not required.
- A strong grasp of proper grammar and punctuation (e.g., Strunk & White’s The Elements of Style). Knowledge of AP Style is a plus.
- The skill to recognize interesting news elements, come up with story ideas, and have these appeal to our readers.
- The ability to self-edit thoroughly and quickly.
- The ability to use our communication tools like Slack, Asana, and GSuite — or willingness and ability to get up to speed with using ours in your first 90 days.
- The willingness and ability to use video call technology for both small and large meetings.
- General knowledge of social media best practices is preferred, but not required.
- The ability to work closely with a team of remote employees.
- A willingness to learn quickly and adapt to the varying and ever-changing demands of the job.
To be considered for this role, please fill out the application form found here: https://forms.gle/RxjrZ2YCkA68Ye6U9