Spectrum is looking for an Enterprise Editor who is ready to advance stories that include in-depth, revealing reporting - and are competitive in awards competitions.
Spectrum is an award-winning autism news site intended for scientists, although we are also read by many non-scientists.
The Spectrum Enterprise Editor's primary role will be to work with Spectrum's staff and freelancers to generate rich features and accountability journalism that engages researchers and clinicians who study and treat autism. Reporting to the Editor in Chief, the Enterprise Editor will assign, guide, and edit stories, as well as report and write a handful per year.
- Identify and develop story ideas
- Recruit and work with writers
- Report and write enterprise work
- Oversee copyediting and fact-checking process for features
- Collaborate with multimedia director to help commission visuals and multimedia elements
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's degree
- At least five years of experience editing news and features
Related Skills & Other Requirements
- Solid biology background and impeccable news judgment
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Please submit a resume and cover letter stating your interest in the position.
THE SIMONS FOUNDATION'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment.The Simons Foundation actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.