Basecamp is hiring an email marketing manager to oversee our email programs to customers and prospective customers. If you know Basecamp, you know we place a lot of value on asynchronous communications, and this role reflects that.
About The Work
- You’ll be responsible for developing, executing and optimizing email campaigns. Sometimes these will be “one-time” announcements about new promotions or features. Sometimes they’ll be ongoing nurturing programs engaging with prospects or new customers.
- You’ll design and build the content in a way that represents the voice of Basecamp, and the values we hold around simplicity, clarity and providing information that’s truly valuable at the right time to the right people.
- You’ll work collaboratively with our customer support and success teams, and engage with our product team to deeply understand our products, our customers and what are the most important messages to get across.
- You’ll review the measures of campaign performance regularly and establish benchmarks to inform when and what needs adjusting, and what new initiatives we should try..
- You’ll also coordinate with our in-app and on-platform notifications.
- You’re both creative and analytical, with strong attention to detail. In particular, you’re a strong writer (American English), and able to represent the Basecamp brand voice in your work.
- You thrive on handling several projects at a time, and are able to manage your time and efforts accordingly.
- You’ve managed email/CRM programs for at least 5 years, and have experience with SaaS products.
- You’ve demonstrated the ability to review data, derive insights and then put them into action.
- You believe strongly in a “test and learn” approach.
You should have a natural ability to establish trust and make people feel comfortable. You approach your work with a spirit of partnership and collaboration, not exclusion or rigidness. You're a resourceful problem solver; you can feel for gaps in what you're working on and suggest solutions. You're a manager of one. You can take a stand yet commit even when you disagree. You prefer direct feedback, and you're comfortable working without a ton of daily oversight and with a high degree of trust.
This is a fully remote position, but requires a significant overlap (minimum four hours) with the rest of the marketing team, which is largely in the Central time zone.
Once hired, you can expect a mindful onboarding process with structured ramp-up time. You can expect a team that listens. You can expect to be counted on and the freedom to do your best work. We build our apps, our teams, and our company for the long haul, so you can build your career here if you choose to.
We respect everyone's right to participate in political expression and activism, but avoid having political debates on our internal communication systems. Basecamp as a company also does not weigh in on politics publicly, outside of topics directly related to our business. You should be at peace with both of these stances.
Pay and Benefits
Basecamp pays in the top 10% of the industry based on San Francisco rates. Same position, same pay, no matter where you live. The salary for this position is $112,200.
Our benefits support a life well-lived away from work. Ample time off and all the resources you need to support you in doing the best work of your career. Here's more on the benefits we offer.
How to Apply
Please submit an application by Monday, November 29, at 5:00PM US-Central time. In addition to telling us why you want this job and why you’d like to work at Basecamp, please submit a sample email that you'd send to a friend or colleague about why they should use Basecamp. This job is all about great writing, so be yourself, be creative, and take your time.
We expect to take a few weeks to closely review all applications. You should not expect to hear from us until December 13 (and you will hear from us!). Please note that we’re unable to offer individual feedback during the screening process. We usually see hundreds of applications for roles, and our small hiring team simply doesn’t have the bandwidth to offer personalized feedback before the interview stage.
Interviews will take place in December and January. Our interviews are conversations held with future colleagues – no tests, no surprises. Then we hope to extend offers by the first week of December with a flexible start date in January. Please be aware that you may see delays as we go through the process, due to the holidays.
We know this is a demanding application process! We appreciate you giving us that consideration, and we promise to give you our full attention in return. We look forward to hearing from you!