MasteryPrep is an education services company that specializes in college entrance exam preparation. It is a fast-growing organization and one of the leading providers of ACT, SAT, and TSIA2 preparation serving hundreds of thousands of students in districts across the country.
The company is expanding its line of TSIA2 products for the 2021-2022 school year and is looking for talented writers to create ELA-focused lessons for an asynchronous, online learning platform. If you are interested in writing for an education company that primarily serves under-resourced schools and districts and/or you are seeking freelance work that pays well, consider joining MasteryPrep!
- Write an entire ELA lesson in adherence to a style guide. Lessons will follow a cycle of outline, approval, developed outline, approval, lesson building, and final approval. Final deliverable will include a script for an instructor and the accompanying online course.
- Author courses in an innovative, newly designed online platform
- Adhere to best practices concerning the scaffolding of skills being taught
- Communicate regularly with an editor in regard to deadlines, feedback, and transparency on work progress.
- Produce revisions on all work as necessary prior to the completion of an assignment.
- Attend paid training to meet the quality expectations for all writing assignments.
- Excellent writing skills, which include the creation of lesson content, scripts for an instructor, and detailed answer explanations.
- Unique writing voice that utilizes an engaging, humorous, or quirky tone that students can relate to.
- Able to follow deadlines and produce quality work with a prompt turnaround, typically within 1-2 weeks.
- Familiarity using and access to the following: a stable internet connection, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, Gmail, Dropbox, compatibility with Zoom video conferencing and Slack messaging.
- Test-prep experience, high standardized tests scores, and an education background are prioritized.
All contractors will be paid by assignment and only on completion. Most assignments will range between $100 and $300 for the completion of an entire lesson and dependent on the complexity of the assignment. Smaller assignments will pay less and will be determined at the time of the assignment.
Please include a cover letter with your resume submission.