Pedago is looking for a Content Developer to create and edit courses for adults at the master’s degree level. This is a full-time, remote position.
In this role, you will write and edit courses as part of the Quantic School of Business and Technology offerings. This role involves breaking down complex, technical concepts into their fundamental pieces and weaving them into clever, engaging educational lessons that are easily understood and digested for use in the real world.
Successful content developers are self-starters and life-long learners who are detail-oriented, conscientious, manage their time well, and hit their deadlines.
- Research, design, and create short, witty educational lessons breaking difficult concepts into bite-sized chunks.
- Write, edit, and review content or supervise others who do this work, all while taking ownership of the work to ensure high-quality product output.
- Work closely with subject matter experts and other team members to ensure the accuracy of the lessons produced.
- Ask insightful questions and follow efficient research paths to quickly gain a deep understanding of any topic.
Other Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Master Quantic’s in-house writing style and tone.
- Pair with team members to give and receive constructive criticism and feedback to improve content and increase skill set.
- Plan, develop, and design course outlines.
- Identify reputable sources for content creation for assigned courses.
- Occasionally participate in and contribute to prioritization planning for future content development.
- During the writing and editing process, verify facts, dates, and statistics, using standard reference sources.
- When reading copy or proofing, detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax.
- On occasion, work directly with product leadership and developers to propose improvements to the Quantic School of Business and Technology suite of products.
- Consistently meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent communication skills, imagination, and enthusiasm
- Strong analytical writing skills
- Affinity for computer science topics and a willingness to learn
- Ability to read, research, and master new subject areas
- Strong editing and proofreading skills, and a detail-oriented mindset
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and adjust quickly to shifting priorities
- Must have authorization to work in the United States
- Master’s or PhD degree preferred
- Previous teaching experience
- Experience teaching an international audience
- International work experience
- 3+ years writing and copy-editing experience
- Hands-on experience with G Suite, Photoshop, Sketch, or other publishing tools.