Tonal is the smartest home gym and personal trainer. It has completely revolutionized the way people work out at home, with its sleek design and advanced A.I. technology. We’ve united a diverse team of experts and decades of research to reinvent strength training, making it more efficient, more effective and more engaging.
With this in mind, we want to bring that same innovative approach to the workplace. At Tonal, we continue our shift of emphasis by growing our instrumental team. We collectively weave our knowledge and creativity, as we redefine the future of fitness. We are passionate about building products that transform lives, and building teams that transform the status quo. Together, we can be our strongest.
Tonal is looking for a whip-smart Editorial Writer to join the Performance Innovation group and execute high-quality content across multiple platforms, helping Tonal become a source of cutting-edge fitness, training, and health knowledge. Charged with pitching, writing, and strategizing, the Editorial Writer will cast a wide net of coverage that includes health and lifestyle and craft compelling stories that serve the community, highlight success, and educate members while elevating the Tonal brand and our science-driven approach to strength and conditioning.
What You Will Do
- Brainstorm and pitch short-lead stories and long-lead content packages that serve and educate existing members, raise awareness of Tonal's world-class technology, and meet performance metrics
- Write various types of content from health explainers, to member transformation stories, to service-packed lifestyle pieces, to longer reported features
- Stay abreast of what’s new and trending in the fitness and health space and show an ability to find brand-specific angles on relevant topics
- Work closely with internal and external writers, contributors, influencers, and experts Write attention-grabbing headlines and compelling copy that reaches our current members and/or attracts new users
- Partner with colleagues on the Marketing, Product, and Content teams to take product launches, marketing campaigns, or content launches and translate them into interesting and engaging editorial stories
- Collaborate with our analytics team and use data to inform story ideas while flexing creativity on packaging
Who You Are
- A minimum of 4 years working in a fast-paced digital media or editorial environment touching fitness and health content
- A smart writer with a background in health, fitness, or lifestyle who is open to new ideas and collaboration with various team members
- Ability to contribute to the overall content flow, crushing the necessary daily tasks while eagerly conceptualizing bigger projects
- A confident team player with experience working closely with experts in the health, fitness, and lifestyle spaces
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and work simultaneously on multiple projects with a positive, go-getter attitude
- Experience working within a CMS and utilizing other digital platforms and analytical tools for content creation
- Exposure to video-based content and an understanding of how to leverage it across multiple platforms
- A zeal for evangelizing our mission to improve lives through our technology and content both internally and externally
- A Bachelor's degree is required.
Tonal is committed to meeting the diverse needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity. Should you have any accommodation requests, please reach out to us via our confidential email, email@example.com. All requests will be addressed and responded to in accordance with Tonal’s Accessibility Policy and local legislation.