Ogilvy Health – one of the largest global networks in healthcare communications – provides strategic, integrated communication solutions for our clients, including many of the biggest names in the pharmaceutical industry. In the UK, we operate under the name of Ogilvy Health UK and comprise of over 200 healthcare communication specialists across a range of disciplines including: medical education and communications; brand promotion; digital and social; strategic planning and public relations. We believe we are like no other; we blaze new trails; we encourage a culture of creativity and innovation; we challenge as well as recognise and reward our team.
We are also part of the WPP Health Practice, which brings together our great network with that of VMLY&Rx and others, to make our offer even more compelling to clients and employees alike.
Ogilvy Health Medical Education
Our approach is founded on a deep expertise that combines biomedical science, learning theory and behaviour change to create meaningful professional and medical education in order to transform pharma and HCP capabilities, ultimately to enable better clinical decisions and improve patient outcomes. Combined with the creative heritage and capabilities of the Ogilvy network, this makes Ogilvy Health Medical Education ‘Scientifically Grounded, Creatively Driven’. This is our passion.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a member of a dynamic and dedicated Scientific and Editorial team, who are responsible for supporting clients and teams across the Ogilvy Health business, with the aim of ensuring that the highest levels of scientific and editorial excellence are applied to each and every project. The breadth of our business means that medical writing support is required across a wide range of different projects, from traditional medical education activities such as slide decks, advisory boards and congress activities, to medical and sales training, online and offline marketing and sales, media communications, HCP education and beyond.
The team is comprised of in-house medical writers, scientific directors, copywriters and editors based in two offices and remotely (London and Oxford), as well as an extended team from WPP partner agencies and freelance writers who are used on both short and long-term contracts as required.
The Core Role
- Providing training and guidance to teams on how to plan projects with significant editorial content development
- Implementing our editorial and QC process
- Inputting into timelines and budgets
- Liaising and building relationships with our extended team of freelancers, understanding their skills and keeping up-to-date with their availability, assigning work to them, and working with our finance and HR team on contract management and payment
- Managing writer recruitment
Depending on the background and experience of candidates, this role may also incorporate elements of medical writing, proofing, data checking, editing and slide formatting as well as assisting teams with reference tagging and uploading to client databases such as ZINC, ATLAS and VEEVA and helping to train the wider team on how these systems should be used.
- Experienced in working closely with a writing and/or editing team, within a medcomms agency
- Ideally an experienced editorial manager or a seasoned writer, editor, account manager or project manager.
- Understanding and working to editorial processes and good practice
- Knowledge of how long different tasks and projects may take and the typical roles and responsibilities of team members in an agency needed to deliver them
- Your role may already have a significant element of operational support and responsibility, or you may be looking to move into a role that has a greater emphasis on this aspect, while still utilising aspects of your existing editorial skills
- Highly organised, implement a proactive, problem-solving approach and can build relationships with a wide variety of internal teams and stakeholders
- Enjoys planning and organising while being flexible enough to managing changing priorities, and who is solution-focused
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills are vital