At Make-A-Wish® America, we are more than a great place to work — our work is life-changing. Together, we create life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. Nearly 40 years ago the inspiration for Make-A-Wish began with one little boy's wish to be a police officer. Today, together with our volunteers, donors, staff and supporters, Make-A-Wish has granted more than 500,000 life-changing wishes and transformed countless lives.
The Brand and Marketing Team is comprised of innovative marketing professionals who elevate our brand and optimize enterprise marketing activities. This team’s work is focused on enhancing brand equity to increase individual and corporate giving to provide resources to grant a wish for every eligible child.
The Editorial Manager role is a key contributor to our mission by developing and creating impactful communications across multiple platforms, such as web, print, video and social media to elevate fundraising and brand equity.
Where You Come in
As the Editorial Manager at Make-A-Wish America you will:
- Write, edit and proofread editorial content for multiple channels, assets, and projects.
- Work cross functionally to develop strategic and compelling communications.
- Position high quality and consistent messaging online and in print collateral.
- Actively collaborate with key stakeholders to conceptualize and execute on a variety of creative projects.
- Assist with content selection for wish.org, ensuring robust, diverse and engaging content that inspires visitors to donate.
- Provide editorial and content support for National Office publications.
- Lead wish story interviews and content development.
- Ensure editorial materials receive the appropriate approvals for content, medical, statistical and policy accuracy.
- Follow a defined workflow process, effectively using a project management system.
- Oversee on-staff and freelance writers, ensuring clarity, professionalism, quality and consistency in brand voice and style.
What You’ll Need
- Demonstrated success developing strong messaging and content for a major brand(s)
- Expert level writing, proofreading and editing skills, AP Style
- Advanced research, interviewing and storytelling experience
- Excellent time management skills to deliver high quality output, across multiple projects and deadlines
- Experience working with sensitive information and maintaining a high level of confidentiality
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, English or related field required
- 2+ years of experience in working in a corporate environment
- A background in fundraising and development writing, preferred
- Professional portfolio of original work samples
- High aptitude for technology and collaboration, leveraging digital content management systems and Microsoft Office applications
- Innate curiosity and drive for continuous improvement
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation with annual incentive potential
- Comprehensive benefit package: Medical, Vision, Dental, Wellness*
- Health and Flexible Spending Account Options
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance*
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- 15 PTO days, 10 Sick Days, 10 Paid Holidays, and 2 Personal Days
- Maternity Leave
- Educational Tuition Assistance
- Employee Awards and Recognition Programs
- Individual and Leadership Development
- Discounts and special offers for theme parks, events, hotels, concerts, and movie tickets
*Make-A-Wish America pays the monthly premiums for employees participating in the HSA qualified healthcare, vision, dental, and short/long term disability plans.
We are more than a great place to work - our work is life changing. We are an inclusive and diverse group of people who, through a mosaic of backgrounds, thoughts, and experiences are united in purposeful work. We are fueled and guided by our values - values that are represented in the inspired people we work with and the transformational work we do every day.
We respect and ensure equal opportunity, regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, perceived disability and other legally protected characteristics.