As the world moves even more online due to the coronavirus pandemic, customers are connected and empowered like never before. Customers want an immediate, personalized and consistent experience, no matter which channel they choose to engage with a brand. Sprinklr helps brands meet the demands of today’s customers by providing them with the insights they need to make every interaction matter. Sprinklr is a Customer Experience Management (CXM) platform for modern enterprises with 2000+ employees helping the world’s most valuable enterprises make their customers happier.
Who We Are
Sprinklr is a Customer Experience Management (CXM) platform for modern enterprises, helping the world’s most valuable companies make their customers happier. Sprinklr is 1,900 employees strong, valued at $2.7 billion, and positioned at the forefront of the customer experience management industry. At a time when consumers are connected and empowered like never before, Sprinklr is helping the world’s largest brands provide immediate, personalized and consistent experiences at every turn.
Sprinklr offers a set of powerful social capabilities that allow our clients to reach, engage, and listen to customers across 24 social channels. We empower entire organizations to work together – across marketing, advertising, research, commerce, and customer care – to manage customer experience at scale. Sprinklr works with more than 1,000 of the most recognized brands around the world, including Nike, JPMorgan Chase, Verizon, McDonald’s, Microsoft, P&G, and more than 50% of the Fortune 50.
What You'll Do
Sprinklr is looking for a driven editorial leader to head up content strategy and creation efforts. Reporting to the VP of Content, Web and Creative Services within Marketing, the Editorial Director, Global Content will play a pivotal role in building a content strategy closely aligned to overall business and annual revenue goals. Working closely with a small team of internal and external content producers, this role will ensure the predictable production of content that builds Sprinklr thought leader authority and brand credibility; fuels the demand generation engine across product, persona, and vertical needs; complements product marketing efforts, bringing use case, business outcomes, and customer stories to life; and accommodates the diverse content needs of our global market. The Editorial Director, Global Content will also master Sprinklr’s platform and capitalize on its industry-leading database to produce unique, data-driven content based on real-time insights.
In addition to having stellar editorial judgement, an obsession for understanding what content performs best and why, and an ability to juggle a high volume of projects, the Editorial Director, Global Content will be a key team player, collaborating extensively across creative services, demand generation, product marketing, analyst relations, field marketing, and more. Outside of the marketing team/ s/he will partner with Sales to understand their content needs, and work with executives and other subject matter experts on thought leadership.
What You Will be Responsible for
- Lead the creation of annual and quarterly content strategies and roadmaps that align with business objectives and support revenue goals.
- Understand what best-in-class content looks like for both SaaS companies and category creators, and bring your vision to help Sprinklr meet and exceed the standard of excellence.
- Hire a team of content producers to develop articles, ebooks, whitepapers, infographics, videos, interactive assets and more, and ensure quality and consistency across their work.
- Manage the ongoing relationship with agency resource Industry Dive, allocating projects to them that play to their strengths and enable us to get the most out of our established contract.
- Develop a robust thought leadership program that articulates Sprinklr’s unique vision on Customer Experience Management (CXM), Artificial Intelligence, customer happiness, and other topics; and develop strong relationships with key executives to feed the program.
- Build an understanding of the primary business use cases and positive business outcomes for the Sprinklr products and platform, and the priority verticals and personas to support creation of effective content and demand generation efforts across all of them.
- Working with in-house video leadership and external resources, up-level Sprinklr’s current video program by understanding what best-in-class looks like; diversifying mediums; putting documented standards in place; and developing a plan to provide varying levels of support across all company departments.
- Understand the breadth of content being created across Sprinklr by other groups – including Forrester and Gartner analyst reports; and Forbes and Twitter data journalism pieces—and leverage them for secondary, “snackable” content assets that make the most of our investment and feed demand generation.
- Build a methodology for regularly tapping into the Sprinklr platform to create data-driven assets that support thought leadership and product-oriented content streams.
- Work closely with the messaging/copywriting director to understand key brand messaging and voice that should flow through all Sprinklr content to contribute towards brand cohesion.
- Understand our SEO goals and strategy, and partner with internal and external SEO expertise to ensure that your team’s output is optimized for search, and to understand what assets are performing best and why.
- Work with a production resource to manage a high volume of deadlines, prioritize and allocate assignments, and deliver all projects on time.
- Partner with analytics resources to define what success looks like for different types of content, track performance, and bake learnings into the creation of best practices and future efforts.
- Work with the demand and field marketing teams to understand unique localized content needs and determine the best way to meet them; and coordinate with translation resources to deliver content in-language as needed.
- Be an inspirational leader, driving your team to push creative boundaries and distinguish Sprinklr by its quality content, while delivering projects on time and at scale.
Who You Are
- Skilled in both strategy development and project execution, and continually driven to improve performance.
- Lover of creative innovation, but also detail-driven processes.
- Thrive in a rapid-paced environment where many days bring unexpected challenges and opportunities.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, and creating a function that has not been clearly defined and owned before.
- Team leader and steady influence who calmly manages through transformation and ambiguity.
- Cross-functional partner who enables other groups’ achievements by bringing your creative vision and delivering against the agreed upon plan.
What Makes You Qualified
- Bachelor’s Degree or advanced degree in English or other related areas with an emphasis on writing.
- 10-15 years editorial experience, with approximately half of that in team management roles.
- Experience developing and owning the content strategy and calendar, and managing a team for execution.
- B2B experience required, with at least several years at a rapid-growth social, SaaS, and/or technology company.
- High-quality work portfolio across diverse content mediums including articles, videos, podcasts, eBooks, whitepapers, infographics, and interactive assets.
- Experience working with in-house and outsourced resources.
- Experience collaborating across marketing and/or company functions to deliver assets for shared projects and goals.
- Ability to develop relationships and work closely with executive team leaders.
Why you'll love Sprinklr: We’re committed to creating the kind of culture where you feel like you belong, are happier today than yesterday, and your contributions matter. At Sprinklr, our goal is to treat everyone like family and passionately, genuinely care. We offer flexible paid time off and paid parental leave, medical plans, dental and vision plans, life insurance, 401(k) savings plans, employee stock options, gym and wellness discounts, Plum benefits, Lifemart discounts, and paid time off to invest in learning and career development.
We focus on our mission: We founded Sprinklr with one mission: to enable every organization on the planet to make their customers happier.
We believe in our product: Sprinklr was built from the ground up to enable a brand’s digital transformation. Its platform provides every customer-facing team with the ability to reach, engage and listen to customers around the world. At Sprinklr, we have many of the world's largest brands as our clients, and our employees have the opportunity to work closely alongside them.
For the fifth consecutive year, Sprinklr has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100, the definitive ranking of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world. We were also named a 2020 Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for Social Marketing Management. And in 2019, Sprinklr was the only leader in the Forrester Research, Inc. report, The Forrester Wave™: Social Suites.
We invest in our people: At Sprinklr, we believe every human has the potential to be amazing. We empower each Sprinklrite in the journey toward achieving their personal and professional best. For wellbeing, this includes daily meditation breaks, virtual fitness, and access to Headspace. We have continuous learning opportunities available with Audible for Business, Linkedin Learning, and more.
EEO - Our philosophy on inclusion: Our goal is to ensure every employee feels like they belong and are operating in a judgement-free zone regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, age, and lifestyle preference, among others. We value and celebrate our sense of belonging and fervently believe every employee matters, and should be respected, listened to, and have opportunities to contribute to the magic of Sprinklr!
We celebrate differences, and we seek to hear unique perspectives because it helps us all to learn. We seek to understand. We believe we are stronger when we belong because collectively, we’re more innovative, creative, and successful. As we continue on our growth journey, we know that bringing together diverse talent leads to better company-wide innovation, improved financial results and better decision making.
Sprinklr is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. See also Sprinklr’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.