The Editorial Content Manager is a fully remote position that oversees 3-5 interns, junior team members and contract writers across US time zones.
This position supports the agency’s internal and external teams in preparation, execution, and tracking of editorial content for a diverse client portfolio. The position plays a critical role in liaising between implementation and strategy teams to plan deadlines to help agency clients achieve editorial quality within the clients’ scope and budget.
The ideal candidate loves problem-solving, has strong interpersonal skills, and has an interest in learning how to manage. He or she will assist in guiding and mentoring junior staff members. This role also contains operations administrative duties like managing department calendars, liaising with asset management and other departments, and other general office support. The ideal candidate is extremely organized, is a great communicator, loves problem-solving, has strong interpersonal skills, and feels comfortable balancing multiple tasks often on a tight deadline.
Operations and Administration
- Liaises with legal and rights departments, manages freelance relationships and payments
- Assists in onboarding new hires, performs other general office work
- Assigns and helps manage/guide interns, and junior staff while learning how to manage a staff’s needs at large
- Edit and write supplemental content to meet the requirements of the piece for articles, blog posts, and other online content, including image and video assets
- Maintain personal knowledge and teamwide documentation for industry best practices concerning content governance; systems and workflows; readability and accessibility; tone and voice, brand and legal guidelines (client-specific); and various writing styles -- AP, MLA and Chicago
- Quality assurance of content produced and published--ensure content aligns with the content brief or strategy vision for quality, readability, structure, intent, creative, and optimization
- Help shape, optimize, test, and fine-tune editorial strategy for client websites and occasionally digital channels
- Manage content calendars, refining the publishing process to increase delivery times, improve quality, and reduce inefficiencies
- Manage editorial aspects of some client projects including new website development, content consolidation, resource development, and more as relevant and prioritized
- Develop relationships with content partners to identify the best writers for particular assignments and deliver feedback to ensure deliverables meet agency standards
- Develop relationships with potential sources (client-side or solicited by the agency), occasionally interviewing and capturing quotes for content with stakeholders
- Contribute content ideas during content reviews and suggest new formats and process improvements to test to always better the quality of client and agency work
- Manage content assets across digital tools: Google Drive, Basecamp, Microsoft Office, and client-specific content tools (like Monday, Smartsheets, GatherContent and other content organization platforms)
- Ensure third-party content isn’t plagiarized by using tools like Copyscape or advanced search operators to spot test content
- Contribute to the ideation and testing of proprietary tools
- Collaborate with Senior Team Members to strengthen Wikipedia services at Outspoken through training, documentation
- Train other new and current members on Wikipedia process documentation and storage and other educational solutions, as needed
- At least +5 years experience with digital copy editing either for agencies, organizations or newsrooms
- Expert knowledge of various editing styles: MLA, AP or Chicago
- Experience directly managing or contributing to the management of writers and/or junior team members
- Extensive headline and description-writing experience for all platforms.
- Working knowledge of standard web tools, CMS systems and technical content platforms
- Ability to spot, quickly shape, and reliably line-edit web copy including blog posts, service pages, homepages, press releases, social copy, and other miscellaneous digital copy
- Experience in creating content across multiple media
- Experience reviewing multiple writer’s copy of varying quality levels
- Experience working with basic HTML content elements and document outlines
- Working knowledge of content briefs, keywords, hyperlinks, and meta data
- Bachelor of Arts degree or equivalent
- Strong interpersonal skills, team player attitude, and proven problem-solving abilities
- Editing samples will be requested as part of the application process
- Legal Authorization to work in the U.S.
If you read this job description and felt the urge to edit it, you might be the right fit.
If you read this job description and wondered how to improve our internal workflow to ensure all content is edited before it goes live, you're probably the right fit.
- Health Care Plan
- Retirement Plan (IRA)
- Life Insurance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Family Leave
- Remote / Flexible Work From Home