Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless listening experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
We are searching for a Content Partnerships Manager to drive improvements to our content and customer experience, while managing relationships with artists and creators. As a Content Partnerships Manager, you will define, execute, and deliver on a great content partnership experience, maintain key relationships, and elevate the entertainment experience for listeners. This role is inherently cross-functional - you will work closely with other product managers, UX design, developers, operations, content acquisition and executive teams. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that customers love. This is not just a fun and challenging job, it is also an opportunity to help shape the future of music.
Key Activities Include
· Lead the development of the consumer-focused content strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis
· Define creative, high quality, simple content roadmaps and processes based on team strategy and vision
· Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
· Collaborate with developers and operations to build the right tools for our creative partners
· Create buy-in for the content vision both internally and with key external partners
· Work closely with a variety of editorial, marketing, engineering and product management teams to deliver new features and improve existing features
· Leverage our creative resources, both in-house and third party, to manage the creation of relevant, high quality content
· Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
· Bachelors degree is required
· 7+ years of professional experience in program management, media/entertainment, or music streaming/podcasting/radio
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to work with content and business owners to define key business questions and to build data sets that answer those questions
· Demonstrated success in achieving aggressive short, medium and long-term goals
· Strong leader who can prioritize well and communicate clearly, verbally and in writing, across all levels of the organization with a proven ability to influence others
· Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
· Experience coordinating complex product development cycles, content launches, and software development schedules
· BA/BS degree
· Passion for creating innovative solutions for consumers
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing colleagues and senior executives
· Content operations and partnerships experience
· Passion for audio – music, podcasts, radio and more
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Vet. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.