Backstage matches creative projects with the best talent. We help staff over 50,000 creative projects a year in film, television, commercials, branded content, theater, experiential marketing and more.
At our core is a strong belief in breaking down barriers and providing direct access to the best talent in the creative industry. We’re a team of customer centric, analytical and creative problem solvers with a passion for helping our customers make amazing projects together.
Backstage is seeking an Editor/Writer who will be creating and updating quality content that reflects the tone, style, and mission of Backstage. This position will focus on editing and writing strong, dynamic, and informative content. They will also be required to generate and execute goal-oriented ideas that work on multiple channels including organic search and social. The editor will be assigning and writing on deadline, covering industry news and trends as they relates to the actor and performer audience, and creating deeply researched advice content for the entertainment, creative, and casting spaces.
Our Editorial team of 11 consists of collaborative content creators. We believe in a work environment that is inclusive, transparent and motivating. We enjoy a casual day-to-day approach while taking the work we do seriously. We strive to be nimble and curious, to try new ideas and test different approaches to create a path to success.
This role will report to the Senior Editor and collaborate closely with the rest of the Backstage web team.
What You'll Do
- Manage the creation of timely, effective and accurate content for the actor and performer audiences
- Communicate daily content assignments to freelance writers and managing editorial workflow from start to finish. Includes writing assignment letters, editing content for readability, tone, substance and SEO viability
- Recruit and manage a team of highly skilled freelance writers and contributors to ensure content is compelling and informative
- Write both short and long-form articles and guides that are thoroughly researched and tailored to organic search discovery
What We're Looking For From You
- Demonstrated experience in content creation, with a proven track record of growing traffic and social audiences through content development
- Background in writing and editing, specifically as it relates to creative industries
- Strong familiarity with SEO—from proper formatting and keyword usage to targeted Title Tags, URLS, and Meta descriptions
- Skill and experience working with freelance writers at every stage of the process, from pitching and honing ideas all the way up to line editing
- Proficiency in traffic monitoring systems such as Google Analytics and Parse.ly, and the ability to use data in content planning
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- An impressive handle on the written word and airtight editorial judgment
- Solid contacts in the industry to help deliver access stories
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate as a cross-functional team member
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Company remote-first policy
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Along with your health insurance, we provide memberships for the following: Health Advocate, TelaDoc, and Talkspace
- Employee Discount Program
- 10 paid holidaysGenerous PTO
- Summer Fridays from Memorial Day through Labor Day
- Equipment you need to do your job
- 401K Match
- Reimbursement for conferences and continuing education to support your professional development
- Great Place to Work Certification!
About Backstage Holdings
Backstage Holding’s mission is to empower creative talent and streamline the content creation process for projects in film, television, commercials/branded content, social media, theater, music video, video games, and more. Backstage provides solutions that manage the entire project lifecycle, including talent discovery and staffing, production, post production, and distribution. Our brands include Backstage, FilmFreeway, ShareGrid, Coverfly, Voice123, Final Draft, and Sonicbids. Backstage Holdings is part of Cast & Crew, a family of individually innovative companies modernizing the ways in which content is created.