At Backstage, we’re focused on providing the best career platform to match performing artists and crew with talent seekers in film, television, commercials, branded content, theater, and more worldwide. Our brands include www.backstage.com, www.mandy.com, www.starnow.com, www.filmfreeway.com, www.sharegrid.com, www.coverfly.com, www.voice123.com and www.sonicbids.com.
The Editor/Writer is responsible for creating and updating quality content that reflects the tone, style, and mission of Backstage. This position will focus on editing and writing strong, dynamic, and informative content. They will also be required to generate and execute goal-oriented ideas that work on multiple channels including organic search and social. The editor will be required to assign and write on deadline, cover industry news and trends, and create deeply researched advice content for specific audiences within the entertainment, creative, and casting spaces.
This role will report to the Senior Editor and collaborate closely with the rest of the Backstage web team.
Specific tasks and responsibilities include
- Managing the creation of timely, effective and accurate content for an audience that includes actors, creators and crew audiences
- Communicating daily content assignments to freelance writers and managing editorial workflow from start to finish. Includes writing assignment letters, editing content for readability, tone, substance and SEO viability
- Recruiting and managing a team of highly skilled freelance writers and contributors to ensure content is compelling and informative
- Writing both short and long-form articles and guides that are thoroughly researched and tailored to organic search discovery
- 3–5 years experience in content creation with a proven track record of growing traffic and social audiences through content development
- A background in writing and editing, specifically as it relates to creative industriesStrong familiarity with SEO—from proper formatting and keyword usage to targeted Title Tags, URLS, and Meta descriptions
- Skill and experience working with freelance writers at every stage of the process, from pitching and honing ideas all the way up to line editing
- Proficiency in traffic monitoring systems such as Google Analytics and Parse.ly, and the ability to use data in content planning
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- An impressive handle on the written word and airtight editorial judgment
- Solid contacts in the industry to help deliver access stories
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate as a cross-functional team member
Backstage and its subsidiaries are the leading freelancer marketplace and application suite for creators. Backstage enables productions, brands, marketing agencies, and businesses to efficiently discover and work with highly skilled creative talent.
The company’s mission is to make the content creation process more efficient, effective, and scalable. Backstage fosters career development and economic success for its users by developing and operating dedicated industry-specific profiles, workflow tools, and jobs & services marketplaces to serve the unique demands of each creative vertical. We have plans to launch additional verticals and products organically, through acquisition, and by expanding to new markets across the globe. Nowhere else will you find the same combination of startup energy, trailblazing innovation, and entertainment industry creativity built upon the solid foundation of one of the industry’s most beloved and recognized names.
We are a passionate, agile team who are disrupting the content creation industry through product-first design, leading edge technology, and a proven business model. At the heart of our success and growth are a tight-knit group of hardcore technologists, writers, marketers, and product designers who believe that collaboration creates a better experience for our users. Our team reflects and upholds our mission to level the playing field by presenting opportunities for careers in the arts to creatives from diverse backgrounds in all corners of the world.