Founded in 2018 and based in Milan and fully incubated and funded by a 120 year old Italian conglomerate, this startup is looking to grow and internationalise their team of 25.
The company model is an offering of boxes on a subscription basis, so that each month a client will receive a box based on his or her preferences (the boxes are geared towards men, women, or children). For example, recent boxes has topics as varied as BBQ to mindfulness, with beautiful presentation and experts in the field supplying accompanying information.
They have been growing very fast in Italy and are now looking to the UK, Europe, and eventually Asia.
About The Job
You will be designing and conceiving editorial products which will be intended for the UK and international markets which will accompany the subscription box (so, to reference the example above, if the theme of that month's box is BBQ, you will be responsible for finding experts in the field of BBQ, interviewing them, coordinating the project with the design and marketing teams and overseeing copy for the contents of the box). The main target for the boxes are Millennials and you will manage all the phases of conception and production of the editorial products within the box. The boxes and their target audience will be natively multilingual and multicultural, so an open and educated mindset is a must.
This role is based in the UK and the company is open to remote working. You will travel to Milan regularly for team meetings and updates.
- Identification of trends and their translation into the editorial product;
- Development of the product concept in coordination with the project / product manager and the sourcing team;
- Drafting of the work plan, organising the editorial content into periodic issues;
- Identification of the most suitable collaborators for all editorial activities (texts / graphics / images);
- Relationships with editorial partners (writers, graphic design studios, photographers, translators) for the management of all the work phases (drafting texts / choosing images / defining graphics, illustrations and layouts);
- Verification of the content of the issues with respect to the editorial plan drawn up;
- Fact checking and proofreading activities;
- Timing management up to the approval of ready-for-print files;
- Management of relationships with licensors and content approvals through specific platforms in case of licenses;
- Monitoring of editorial budgets.
Skills and attributes:
- Passion for storytelling
- Variety of interests
- International mindset
- Ability to work in a team
- Strong propensity for problem solving
- Agile mentality (continuous improvement and adaptability openness to feedback, a little entrepreneurial instinct)
- 4+ years of working experience (including internships) in an editorial role
- Big bonus if experience working with a male target product
- Fluency in more than on language
- Competitive Salary
- Chance to work with top players in Italian and international publishing
- Constantly being able to define and chase your interests and relay them in each box
- To be a part of a fast growing and well-funded startup with large international ambitions
- Remote working