WP Buffs is the very best 24/7 technical support partner for any individual, business or organization with a WordPress website. Building strong and long-lasting relationships with our customers is our highest priority. We're looking to add driven people to our team who are obsessed with making customers and partners happy, being a core member of an ambitious team and a creating a digital world filled with magnificent WordPress websites. If this sounds like you, read on!
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to make our WordPress blog the very best in the WP space and turn all our readers into raving WP Buffs fans!
You don't need to be highly technical with 20 years of dev experience for this role. But you do need to know enough WordPress to manage all the Elementor content on wpbuffs.com as well as a team of writers, SEOs, designers, etc to do the same.
You also need to love solving complex content challenges to help our readers get the absolute most out of every piece of content we deliver to them.
HTML, CSS and technical experience is good, although not required. What's most important is a strong enough background in the WordPress dashboard and Elementor to make our content shine.
Full product training is provided to the right candidate to ensure success!
- WordPress dashboard experience
- WordPress community experience
- Elementor experience
- Experience running SEO campaigns and driving Google traffic to website(s)
- Ability to manage small team of writers, SEOs, designers, etc
- Solid understanding of pain points of WordPress users, agencies, freelancers and web professionals
- Proven track record of managing WordPress content
- Fluent English written and verbal communication
- Basic HTML
- Basic CSS
- Conversion optimization (to drive traffic, collect email addresses, generate leads, etc)
- Bilingual communication is a plus!
If you're confident in your WordPress content skills and can hold your own, you'll fit well into our already talented team!
As the head of our content team, you are fully responsible for making sure our team achieves the following outcomes.
- Transition all existing blog content from Classic Editor to Elementor with help from our WordPress engineers.
- Increase blog traffic on a quarterly basis by experimenting with strategic content revamps, guiding new content strategy, managing SEO team and writers, etc.
- Increase lead generation (from organic search) on a quarterly basis by experimenting with smarter audience targeting, strategic in-content click-through opportunities, heavy A/B testing, content partnerships with other WordPress companies & blogs, etc.
- Increase the size of our email list on a quarterly basis by experimenting with smarter audience targeting, new lead magnets, strategic in-content click-through opportunities, heavy A/B testing, etc.
- Completely systemize and document all content-related processes to drastically improve efficiencies across our content team.
- Be an active participant in the company culture by being present and communicating with the team in Slack throughout the day.
If this sounds like your cup of tea, you might be a good fit on our team!
It's not just customer success skills you need to be a Buff. It's the right attitude with which you come to work with every day.
- Practice radical transparency
- Make decisions and own them
- Take customer-focused action
- Deliver exceptional results on-time
- Double check all work for completeness and correctness
- Lead by example
- Always have the backs of other Buffs
If you're confident you can live and breath these values, you'll be a good fit for our team!
Tools we use
You can read about all the tools we use here at WP Buffs. You may not have to be able to use all of them, but you should already know or be prepared to learn to use any tools required for your position: The SaaS Tools We Use to Run WP Buffs
Salary for this position is negotiable and completely dependent on your experience, location, technical skills, how well you can help us tackle the outcomes for this position and the competencies you can display as a member of this team. This is something we're happy to discuss once you've gotten further along in the application process.
WP Buffs is a revenue-funded business, meaning we have to be selective with our spending. We cannot afford exorbitant salaries like massive, funded companies can. If you're looking for a big payday or a salary commensurate with a $100M+ company, you probably shouldn't apply because you'll be disappointed with our offer from a financial perspective. But if working remotely, joining a fantastic team, working on fun, challenging WordPress problems and coming to a place where you rate of learning will increase exponentially all gets your blood pumping, we'd love you to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At WP Buffs, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. WP Buffs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
While this all sounds good, WP Buffs is run by humans. Sometimes biases are unconscious and hidden. Diversity programs and training might not work as expected. And good intentions are often inadequate. That's why we're always working to improve in this area and welcome an open dialogue. Email us anytime at email@example.com to help us be a better equal opportunity employer.
Getting Your Application Noticed
We receive 100s of applications for each position here at WP Buffs. Help yours stand out from the crowd with some advice from Kyle, Joe and Christie: How to effectively get hired in the WordPress space
If you're confident you can excel in this position, follow these instructions!
Email us the following answers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use the subject line: Editor in Chief: Your Full Name
- Who are you?
- What's your favorite post from the WP Buffs blog and why?
- What was your last big adventure?
- What's your next big adventure?
- Where in the world are you?
- What experience do you have in the WordPress community?
- Did you first find this website on wpbuffs.com or an external site? If the latter, which website?
- Did someone suggest you should apply for this position? If so, what's that person's name and email address? They'll earn a $1,000 finders fee!
- What's your preferred salary / hourly rate?
- What's one BIG issue with our blog that you could fix in your first week? This isn't a trick question and you won't hurt our feelings. We want to hire an EiC who wants to improve our content no matter what!
- How would you rate your comfort and skills with the following on a scale of: None, Not strong, Strong or Very strong
- English written communication
- English verbal communication
- WordPress dashboard
- Your network in the WordPress community
- We've listed several outcomes above that we'll expect someone on our customer success team to accomplish. For each of them, please describe in-detail a specific project you worked on that shows us you're going to rock that outcome for us. Bonus points for showing us data that proves the success of the project beyond anecdotal evidence (numbers, data, screenshots, etc). SUPER bonus points for recording a video (using something like Loom) to discuss this in detail.