The Editor-in-Chief position is a new role within Tanium’s Corporate Marketing team, and will lead the creation and drive the editorial and content direction of the forthcoming independent Tanium media platform. The ultimate goal of this position is to elevate Tanium as a thought leader and independent voice within the cybersecurity and IT communities as a reliable source of insight and information on topics ranging from breaking news to industry perspectives to how-to-guides and tips and tricks pieces. The site will incorporate multimedia content including written, video, and audio content, and the EIC will also oversee the distribution of that content via social media and other channels to drive viral engagement and top-ranked search results. This role will collaborate closely with brand and communications leadership to align content and editorial priorities and elevate the Tanium brand.
What You'll Do
- Set the tone, style, and editorial direction of the Tanium media platform, creating an unique and independent industry voice while aligning to core Tanium goals with respect to category creation and market trends.
- Work with company thought-leaders to define and curate a unique voice within the market on media site and through earned-media opportunities across other outlets (in partnership with communications team).
- Align Tanium editorial content to major company brand objectives and work closely with global brand and communications leadership to inform brand campaigns and collateral.
- Collaborate closely with marketing teams including producing marketing, content marketing, customer advocacy, and demand generation to ensure alignment with key initiatives.
- Establish an editorial calendar with a regular cadence of content that keeps readers engaged and drives interaction on social media platforms.
- Leverage and report on trends and breaking news to drive search rankings and viral engagement.
- Lead and inspire a team of in-house and freelance writers and producers to create timely, relevant, and engaging content for a core audience of IT and security leaders and practitioners, as well as business decision makers with an interest in IT and security topics.
- Identify and partner with third party media platforms to amplify content.
- Lead a social media strategy for the media platform that rapidly grows viewership and builds a loyal following.
- Align editorial social media strategy with Tanium social media strategy. Create cross-functional alignment that drives followers and engagement for both entities through native social content and active engagement with relevant industry conversations.
- Understand how to shape the overall voice of the website in a noisy and intense culture.
- Guide teams to make difficult and important editorial choices - when to lean into editorial risk and when to turn away, what to publish and what to pass on, etc.
What We’re Looking For
- 10+ years of experience working in content marketing and/or journalism, with a strong preference for experience in security or IT.
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage an editorial calendar, balancing that with rapid response content creation.
- Strong experience leading a team of both full-time and freelance writers and content creators.
- Excellent storyteller with experience using multiple media formats including video, audio, case studies, blogs, interviews, and slideware.
- Deep knowledge of social media strategy and best practices around audience engagement.
- Understanding search engine optimization best practices and demonstrated ability to incorporate SEO as part of a media strategy.
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility and control that transforms how the world's largest and most sophisticated organizations manage and secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed and agility. There’s a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing and win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for 2019 and 10th on FORTUNE’s list of the “100 Best Medium Workplaces.”
At Tanium, we take care of our employees and their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.