Outschool's mission is to inspire kids to love learning. We believe the best way to do that is by linking learning to kids’ interests, connecting them with others who share those interests, and giving them the autonomy to pick their own path. We provide small group classes that meet over live video chat where learners are connected with teachers and classmates who share their interests. These classes are offered through our marketplace and conducted on our remote learning platform.
We're an experienced team with past accomplishments at Airbnb, Square, Apple, Uber, Udemy, Amazon, Google, and many startups. We came together because we wanted to make a difference in education and saw the opportunity to empower learners, teachers, and parents.
Our business is growing explosively and as of August, 500,000 learners have taken more than over 2M class hours. We've already more than doubled our team since the beginning of 2020 from 25 to 70 to keep up with growth. We’ve raised $57M since founding with most of that still in the bank. Our sales have grown 2000% in the past year to reach a run-rate of more than $100M.
Now, in the face of mass school closures, our product and expertise has become central to many more families and organizations than ever before. We're committed to access and impact so we founded outschool.org to offer financial assistance to families in need.
Outschool is a curated marketplace that connects learners with educators. To support our teachers, we strive to provide the relevant training, development, and opportunities for our educators to connect around their teaching practice. To date, our outbound communications with educators have lived in various places -- newsletters, website hubs, social media, direct emails, and webinars, to name a few. How might we best align content with our educator audience so that our community of teachers finds the right information when they need it? As the Editor of Educator Content, you will be responsible for driving the content strategy and channel strategy for our educator-facing communications.
The Editor of Educator Content will be on the Supply Team. Broadly, the Supply team’s mission is to grow the quantity and quality of our marketplace “supply” -- the educators and classes on the platform. This role reports to the Director of Marketplace Supply.
Whay You'll Do
Design and own the Supply Editorial Calendar and content planning process
- Streamline our “hubs” of information to create an on-brand and efficient customer experience for our teaching community
- Work closely with Supply Team leads to write, update, and publish teacher trainings and other support content that aligns with educators’ needs
- Collaborate closely with Outschool Marketing and Community teams to bring the voice of the Outschool’s educators to company-wide campaigns
- Maintain a central website for teacher resources
- Create and monitor Key Performance Indicators that assess the efficacy of our content
Why You'll Succeed
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills; you enjoy both editing and drafting content from scratch
- You’re a systems thinker who is good at defining and building processes
- You have developed and led omnichannel content strategies built for optimizing the customer experience
- You are comfortable using data to assess content performance
- You have substantial experience in leading through influence
Nice To Haves
- You have experience working with educators in the K-12 space
- You have a solid understanding of the technical requirements necessary to build and optimize our blog and website content
- You have experience sourcing and managing external content writers
Outschool is an equal opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and a competitive advantage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and experience.
Must be a citizen or legal resident of the U.S. or Canada and reside in U.S. or Canada.