Solar power is the largest source of new energy in the world. Raptor Maps is a fast-growing, venture-backed, MIT-born climate tech startup that is building software to enable the solar energy industry to scale. Parties across the entire solar lifecycle use Raptor Maps’ data model to manage ever growing utility-scale solar portfolios. We are an industry leader with hundreds of customers, including owners, builders, operators, and aerial service providers, across over 40 countries with 200+ million solar panels under management. Our software platform is essential in the fight against climate change.
We’re seeking a B2B editor, content strategist, writer and content marketer who can bring their passion and interest in business, technology and solar energy to Raptor Maps.
- Manage our content marketing including conceiving of and writing thought leadership, blog posts, case studies, white papers, presentations, website pages, press releases, etc., much of which is very technical in nature.
- Become a world class expert in all things solar energy.
- Research industry trends, competitors and topics to inform writing.
- Interview Raptor Maps employees and clients.
- Understand clients’ unique needs and purchase motivators
- Identify gaps in existing content.
- Determine and execute editorial plan and content calendar designed to attract sales leads and help them convert faster.
- Write content that differentiates Raptor Maps in the market and ties in with topical, industry trends.
- Ensure all content aligns with Raptor Maps’ marketing strategy, brand attributes and tone of voice.
- Help drive organic search results. Research keywords and SEO best practices. Ensure that strategic keywords are included in copy.
- Ensure consistency and accuracy in content.
- Identify outstanding imagery to associate with content and social posts, including conceptualizing visually innovative ways to present data and craft infographics.
- Work with designers on graphic design of key deliverables.
- Use data to determine which content performs best and make future recommendations based on learnings.
- Develop strong relationships with other employees with whom you’ll collaborate to create content.
- Help identify ways to market Raptor Maps and disseminate content through innovative channels including industry and news outlets, as well as help discover new creative communication opportunities.
- From time to time, help manage other marketing channels such as email, social media and PR.
- From time to time, help research other miscellaneous ideas for attracting qualified leads that may not be related to content.
- Assist with various administrative tasks related to marketing.
- 8-14 years of experience as an editor, content strategist, writer, content marketer, researcher or analyst.
- Outstanding portfolio of B2B writing samples.
- Ability to research and quickly understand new and rapidly evolving technologies and trends.
- Editorial mindset and understanding of what resonates with target audiences.
- Strong analytical skills - comfortable with data and numbers.
- Outstanding ability to write succinct, easy to skim, and engaging marketing copy.
- Excellent English language grammar and proofreading skills.
- Proficiency in tools to track and measure results.
- Flair for visual design, photography and creative data presentation.
- Understanding of common marketing tactics.
- Ability to manage multiple work streams simultaneously.
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Integrity and strong work ethic.
- Comfortable in a remote(work from home) environment.
Nice to Haves
- Experience writing in energy, renewable energy or solar energy.
- Experience at a top national agency or consultancy.
- Understanding of organic search in particular.
- We will also consider exceptional folks with a technical background in energy(analysts, project managers, etc.) who want to transition into writing.
- Fluent in Spanish, German, French or Italian.
All Raptor Maps Team Members Have
Complete ownership and accountability over their role and success in the team.
Transparency into the operations of the rest of the company and are expected to be transparent and communicate honestly and effectively.
A sense of urgency. We are tackling a global problem, working in a fast-paced industry, and building a once in a lifetime company at Raptor Maps.
Raptor Maps is a remote-first company with employees across the country and headquarters at Greentown Labs in Boston, MA. Team members are free to work anywhere in the lower 48 states.
A Few Remote Benefits Include
- Paid travel for in-person team trips
- Healthcare with dental and vision options
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Desk budget
- Monthly remote social events and plenty of DoorDash credit
- Amazing team members that tend to love memes, pets, solar, and just generally getting out and being active
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. However you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply if you’re excited about this role and the future of solar.
Check out details on our recently raised Series B!