Three Ships is seeking an Editor with excellent editorial, reading, writing, and organizational skills to be part of our growing team.
Position is based in Raleigh, NC but open to remote candidates as long as individuals are able to work EST business hours and have the ability to travel to Raleigh, NC 2-4 times per year, as needed.
You’ll be responsible for delivering publication-ready content that is on-time, fully optimized for SEO, and meets our marketing goals. You also enjoy writing; you may help create content, concepts, and articles. In this role, you will have the opportunity to not only manage production of cutting-edge content, but you will also learn to report on the performance of your articles to determine the impact of your work. You maintain a high bar of excellence for each piece of content that gets your stamp of approval, and you will become an expert in digital and SEO content, staying on the cutting edge of best practices.
As An Editor, You Will
- Ensure we have a strong understanding of what it takes to win organic search on our targeted keywords (keyword research, who are our competitors, what is Google rewarding, what do readers need to know, etc.).
- Oversee content production through translating this knowledge into assignment briefs for freelancers and tightly managing content creation so it is on-time and on-budget.
- Edit and proof articles for editorial excellence, search engine optimization, and conversion rate optimization. Each piece must be optimized, targeted to meet our marketing goals, and delivered on time.
- Deliver actionable feedback and coach writers on creating best-in-class content.
- Guide in-house content producers on industry research within the Home vertical, elevating our existing research and testing processes.
- Recruit and manage expert freelance writers who will create high “E-A-T” (Expertise- Authoritativeness-Trustworthiness) content.
- Upload and publish articles with a strong eye for CRO to maximize on-page conversions.
- Create winning content that can be used to demonstrate our bar for excellence.
- Demonstrate a meticulous approach to your work, with a highly organized process and unfailing eye for detail.
- Track, measure, and report on production status and team capacity via a weekly forecast. Use these and other performance metrics (traffic, conversions, revenue, etc.) to inform our content strategy moving forward.
- Help build the culture of a growing and fun growth-stage company.
- Obsess over what type of content wins in search engines — read, learn, and follow search engine best practices; be a subject matter expert on what type of content wins; bring that point of view to our meetings.
What Your Background Shows
- Bachelor’s degree (Journalism, Communications, English or related field preferred).
- 2-3 years (3-7 years for Sr. Editor) of digital editing or content production experience (experience in affiliate content preferred but not required).
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills: You maintain a methodical process and high standard of excellence in your work while balancing multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines.
- Ownership mentality: You treat each content piece like it is your own and stand behind every word. You are comfortable putting your head down and producing excellent work without constant supervision.
- Agility: You are comfortable in a fast-paced and often changing environment.
- An inherent drive to be excellent: You are not satisfied with average. You do whatever it takes to get the job done at a world-class level. While we’re looking for some specific experiences and skill sets, nothing is more important than a strong can-do attitude, resilience in the face of change and uncertainty, and a passion for learning and creating.
What’s Awesome About Being An Editor Here?
- People – Work with great people who are smart, kind, and ambitious.
- Brands – Edit and write for great brands. We cannot share a list of our media partners publicly due to Non-Disclosure Agreements, but your content will be featured on high-traffic websites.
- Stability – Work with a company that is profitable and growing. We have a strong business model with 10 years of profitability behind us.
- Incentives – Receive annual bonuses based on your business results.
- Transparency – you get to participate in our monthly Business Plan Review where we openly talk about how every area of the business is performing.
Base salary and performance-based bonus commensurate with experience. As a member of the Three Ships platform, you have access to competitive benefits, including health, 401k, a monthly wellness stipend for house cleaning, gym membership, grocery delivery, or massages, mobile reimbursement, and an office stocked with snacks, coffee, and just about every other beverage you can imagine.