Here’s the thing—we hate traditional job descriptions. In our experience, they’re a terrible representation of what a job really entails and never paint a true picture of what it’s like to work at an organization.
That’s why, at Fundera, we do things differently. Instead of presenting you with some run-of-the-mill job description, we offer potential candidates our Job Spotlights. This gives us a chance to tell you the story of us, why you should work here, and what the role is really like.
Who’s Fundera and Why Should I Care?
Fundera is the go-to financial resource for small businesses. We’re here to help entrepreneurs achieve their financial goals and grow businesses as big as their aspirations.
As a catalyst for smart financial decisions, our combination of proprietary technology and financial expertise provides business owners with tailored solutions based on their unique needs and eligibility—helping them prosper, create more jobs, and, ultimately, grow the economy.
Armed with one of the most experienced and passionate leadership teams in the business and backed by the industry’s leading investors, we’ve made a big impact on Main Street in just a short amount of time (Fundera launched in 2014 and has helped 35,000+ small businesses find their best financial solutions and secure over $1 billion in funding).
If you want to make a difference, if you want to create a workplace and life you love, and if you want to learn more and grow faster than you will at any other point in your career, you should keep reading.
What Is It Like to Work Here?
The easiest way to answer this is to check out our great rating on Glassdoor, take a deep dive into a few of our employee profiles, or look into some of our recent awards, like Crain’s Best Places to Work. Also, don’t forget to peep our Instagram.
Ultimately, at Fundera, you get to come to work with a group of supportive, talented, ambitious individuals who will teach you something new every day, whilst building a product that will truly and actually change the lives of America’s small businesses and job creators. We think it’s pretty cool, and think you will, too.
Is This Role Right for Me?
Fundera’s temporary Editor will support our in-house editorial team’s efforts and play a role in growing our writers’ talent and expertise over a three-month period.
As Our Editor, You’ll Get to…
- Edit internal and external editorial content (average of 25 articles per week), across several verticals while maintaining the Fundera voice and authority.
- Contribute to various writing and revision needs across various Fundera platforms.
- Help scale our editorial efforts, working alongside other stakeholders to increase content quality and output.
- Work alongside our SEO team to implement SEO updates and best practices.
- Help us meet our site traffic goals.
We’re Looking for People Who Have...
- 2+ years editing experience.
- Knowledge of current SEO best practices and experience implementing them.
- Experience working with a high volume of content and quick turnaround times, as well as experience editing both in-house writers and freelancers.
- Demonstrated ability to shape an article, line edit, and implement house style and brand voice.
- Knowledge of AP style.
- Experience writing about or editing financial content is a plus.
- General interest in small business is a plus.
What Should I Do If I’m Interested?
If working at Fundera gets you excited, we want to hear from you, regardless of whether you think this role is a fit. If you think you’ve got the relevant experience, apply to be our Editor.
What Should I Do If I’m Interested?
If working at Fundera gets you excited, we want to hear from you, regardless of whether you think this role is a fit. If you think you’ve got the relevant experience, go ahead and apply.