At Backstage (www.backstage.com), we’re focused on providing the best career platform to match performing artists and crew with talent seekers in film, television, commercials, branded content, theater, and more worldwide.
We are looking for a skilled and passionate Senior Editor for Backstage.com to create, edit, and produce content in the tone and style of Backstage. A successful candidate will have a strong grasp of how to leverage data to craft a comprehensive online content strategy that encompasses all that Backstage has to offer—from our casting insights, to our how-to guides, to our A-list interviews.
This is a highly collaborative role that will require top-tier communication and management skills, a deep knowledge of what makes compelling web content, organization, and an understanding of industry trends.
- Execute data-driven content strategies to meet business objectives and user needs across a variety of new and existing verticals
- Collaborate with creative team to generate story ideas, assign, edit, and deliver impactful content across Backstage.com’s online platforms including desktop, mobile, and social media
- Originate new ideas, and propose ways to pull together or link stories thematically and geographically, and to add in depth coverage on issues
- Increase key performance metrics to meet business goals including organic traffic, time on page, click-thru rates, subscribers etc.
- Manage team of freelance contributors and editors
- Manage full-time online editor
- Oversee proofreading procedures
- Assist in evaluating finalized copy for compliance with policies, style, and tone
- Build and maintain industry relationships
- Keep up to date with SEO best practices to execute onsite
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, communications or a related field
- 5–7 years experience in digital content
- Writing, copy editing, and proofreading experience
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills
- Ability to deliver top-tier work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, multitasking environment
- Sound understanding of keyword research tools, social media platforms, SEO
- Advanced critical thinking skillsKnowledge of the performance space (acting, casting, production) a plus
- Ability to maintain a steadfast and positive attitude through complex scenarios
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A love for all things film, theater, television, and acting
- An interest in the “behind the scenes” elements of production and entertainment
- Existing network of talented and diverse freelance writers
Backstage is the leading platform in creative talent placement in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and Continental Europe.
Backstage properties include Backstage, Mandy, and StarNow for hiring actors, models, voiceover artists, and crew; and Sonicbids, for booking musicians -- with plans to launch additional verticals organically, through acquisition, and by expanding to new markets across the globe. Nowhere else will you find the same combination of startup energy, trailblazing innovation, and entertainment industry creativity built upon the solid foundation of one of the industry’s most beloved and recognized names.
We are a passionate, agile team who are disrupting the creative talent placement marketplace through product-first design, leading technology, and a proven business model. At the heart of our success and growth are a tight-knit group of hardcore technologists, writers, marketers, and product designers who believe that collaboration creates a better experience for our users. Our team reflects and upholds our mission to level the playing field by presenting opportunities for careers in the arts to creatives from diverse backgrounds in all corners of the world.
We offer benefits including health insurance (vision and dental available), 401K, and tickets/tuition for select conferences/courses.