We know that during this time there are concerns around the actuality of hiring needs, we want to assure you that this job is posted for a current need that we are eagerly looking to fill. We would love to see your application!
Who is Smile?
Smile, developer of the B2B SaaS productivity tool TextExpander, has been making people more productive for over 15 years. While returning millions of hours of productive time to our customers, we’ve grown from a 2 person team to a team of 30 - all while remaining self-funded and profitable!
Now we’re ready to move to the next level and that requires an enthusiastic and creative Director of Marketing to help us reach our goals!
As our Director of Marketing, you’ll be responsible for efficiently engaging and acquiring new users through marketing strategies that can scale. Reporting directly to the CEO, you will lead the marketing department in developing, implementing, measuring, and optimizing the strategy and execution needed to scale our customer base, hitting ambitious annual growth targets.
Use your strategic and tactical skills to set goals through measurable KPIs, monitor customer trends, and assess campaign performance. Exercise your creative problem-solving skills as you work side by side with a small, experienced marketing team to make cost-effective and measurable gains.
Who You Are
- You have proven marketing experience in taking a growing company to the next stage, and are enthusiastic about doing it again!
- You will grow and scale the customer base product, brand, and an efficient marketing team!
- You are a smart and strategic leader who values the guiding principles of our brand voice: Clarity, Brevity, Positivity.
- You see the big picture and don’t get bogged down by the little details (but your attention to detail is still top-notch!).
- You’re creative and prefer to avoid doing things simply because “this is the way they’ve always been done.”
- You’re adaptable. No matter how much you plan, you know that things happen. You’re ready to embrace changes and thrive.
- You’re communicative and love working on a team, especially a remote team.
Join us, working in a fluid environment as we continually learn and grow.
- Lead and develop an exceptional Marketing team that lives Smile’s values: Passion for the Customer, Teamwork, Accountability, and Integrity
- Build and update a comprehensive quarterly marketing plan
- Assume responsibility for the company & product brands, lead and demand generation, content marketing, marketing operations, advertising, sponsorships, and all communications
- Develop a detailed, technical understanding of the productivity software space
- Deploy cost-effective strategies to increase the pipeline of qualified leads through to sales
- Assume responsibility for all marketing-related vendor relationships and spend
- Revamp marketing automation processes, in collaboration with the business operations team
- Be at the forefront of marketing trends and emerging opportunities
- Contribute to product marketing and business development efforts
- Recruit and manage team members as needed
- 5+ years of software marketing experience, ideally in B2B SaaS
- Previous track record of success growing an organization, preferably in an evolving SaaS environment
- Experience leading and managing a marketing team
- Ability to align strategies with different teams, including product, sales, and customer success
- Quantitative: deep experience in marketing analytics and data-driven decision-making
- Excellent written communication
- Experience selecting, negotiating with, and managing external vendors, consultants, and freelancers
- Experience and some personal expertise with SEO/SEM
Tech Needed For The Job
- High-speed, reliable Internet connection
Preferred Experience & Skills
- College education
- Prior educator or support experience
- 2+ years working remotely
- High level of autonomy in your role
- Motivated and creative teammates
- Flexible schedule
- Work from our Lincoln, NE office, or work remotely
- Employment benefits:
- Healthcare reimbursement plan (ICHRA plan)
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 401(k) plan
- Profit-sharing plan
- Contract work also negotiable
- Salary based on experience
Smile develops productivity software for Mac, Windows, Chrome, iPhone, and iPad. Headquartered in San Francisco, California, Smile is a closely-knit, geographically diverse, remote-first company. We have proudly served our customers for over 15 years.
At Smile, we embrace diversity. We strongly encourage underrepresented minorities to apply, even if they're not sure they meet all qualifications.
Smile provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.