We’re open to candidates +/- 3 hours PST for this role.
You’ll have the opportunity to define the company’s marketing vision and lead a team to execute against it. We’re a product agency founded on the belief that being yourself is more valuable than trying to be anyone else, even (and especially) when that means doing things a little differently than the rest. We’ll always opt for quality over quantity in the work we share with the world. Our team has a very high bar for quality and this role will ensure the work and stories we share meet that bar consistently as well.
To be successful in this role, you’d prioritize authenticity above everything and push for ideas that are more interesting, more unexpected, and more experimental to cut through the noise. You understand the impact of powerful storytelling as much as you understand the impact of powerful data. Our word-of-mouth reputation has gotten us pretty far, but your job would be to evolve and scale our existing brand presence in ways that result in greater brand awareness, new business leads, and strong team hires.
You’ll leverage traditional marketing campaigns and techniques but more importantly, you’ll have an appetite for stepping outside the status quo while ensuring planned initiatives are executed to a very high standard.
- Own the marketing vision, plans, and budget
- Manage marketing ideas and initiatives from concept to execution to measurement, including campaigns, events, digital marketing, social, and PR
- Lead and grow a marketing team that is handpicked to tell engaging stories through design & content about what we do and how we do it; help the team succeed and develop their strengths
- Immerse yourself in MetaLab's history, portfolio and in-flight projects in order to hunt down the best stories and content to share
- Collaborate cross-functionally to help support each department in achieving its goals (Business Development, PeopleOps, etc.)
- Monitor progress and report on marketing performance
- Develop and manage agency providers, consultants, freelancers and other suppliers; ensure that they contribute to marketing content and material in a way that’s true to the MetaLab brand and standards
- Proven working experience in digital marketing for 8+ years
- Experience in marketing digital products and design work
- Proven experience building and delivering successful external PR campaigns
- Strong communicator, collaborator, and listener
- Open-minded, highly adaptable, and unafraid to advocate for what you believe in and the team you manage
- Strong communicator - will have to work with lots of different stakeholders and departments along with a marketing team of varying roles
- Solution-oriented, proactive, and comfortable wrangling ambiguity into clearly-defined paths forward
- Highly creative and experienced devising targeted digital campaigns that perform
- Strong analytical skills with experience defining and monitoring progress towards data-driven goals
- Ability to manage many projects of varied size across multiple lines of business
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in digital marketing
- Proven experience delivering effective and innovative digital campaigns
- Proven track record of success in senior marketing roles
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to spot original branding opportunities
- Not an asshole — big egos need not apply. You value your team’s success as much as your own