Bishop Fox is the largest professional services firm focused on offensive security. We are the trusted advisors to the world’s leading businesses, governments, and organizations – helping to secure their networks, data, and applications. Whether they’re looking to safeguard their critical infrastructure or credit cards; social media or mobile games; flight navigation systems or frozen waffle factories — we’re right there, advising every bit of the way.
Bishop Fox is looking for a Director of Content Marketing who loves producing innovative, high-quality content that engages, converts, and nurtures prospects at every stage of the funnel.
Who You Are and What You’ll Do
Reporting to our CMO, Julie Albright, you will be responsible for driving overall content strategy and sourcing, writing, and producing a wide variety of content types ranging from white papers, eBooks, blogs, webcasts, analyst reports, and web content to infographics, videos, email copy, and more.
In collaboration with our technical subject matter experts, practice leads, and product marketers, you will develop content themes that establish Bishop Fox as a thought leader in offensive security. You’ll also be a conduit to publish important security advisories and real-time insights into emerging threats and security research. We believe strongly in openly sharing information that is relevant and valuable to the security community at large, making this role critical in fulfilling our overall mission and vision as a company.
If you enjoy being hands on, but also want the opportunity to build a team from the ground up, this is a perfect chance to do both. We’ll give you the opportunity to hire, mentor, manage, and scale a small team to execute on your content strategy and vision.
Responsibilities Will Include, But Not Be Limited To
- Lead the development of Bishop Fox’s content marketing strategy, leveraging input from a cross-functional team.
- Roll up your sleeves to produce content while also building a team that will scale; this role requires a mix of hands-on content development, as well as the ability to hire, mentor, and lead others.
- Work with the demand generation team to map the content marketing strategy to marketing goals and KPIs to ensure we hit our targets.
- Develop an editorial calendar of content produced both internally and externally by third-party resources, including analysts, influencers, journalists, and freelancers.
- Identify and engage content collaborators both internally and externally.
- Drive all aspects of content production, from ideation and drafting through design and delivery.
- Write powerful, engaging materials that engage our target audiences through resonance and relevance; this might include infographics, guides, eBooks, white papers, blogs, and more.
- Craft frequent contributions to the Bishop Fox blog, ghostwrite articles and columns for our executives, and contribute to writing and editing press releases.
- Partner with the social media team to develop a rich, content-fueled communications calendar for social channels.
- Draft content for multi-channel campaigns, email marketing, and nurture programs that engage and convert.
- Work with Bishop Fox customers to draft case studies, participate in webcasts, and appear in video content.
- Partner with demand generation, product marketing, and sales to develop content for account-based marketing campaigns.
- Create content for specific personas and industries that can be leveraged at each funnel stage.
- Develop a reporting methodology and deliver monthly reports on content effectiveness.
- Leverage data and testing strategies to finetune content strategy and messaging.
- Identify and implement solutions to improve productivity and outcomes.
- Curate and recycle older content that can be repurposed for new materials.
- Maintain content library on the Bishop Fox website and sales enablement platforms.
Why Bishop Fox
We believe that what we do makes an impact, and our culture reflects it in the best possible way. Every one of us plays a role in our success. We value our time and our well-being, we love what we do, and we look out for one another. Bishop Fox offers competitive salaries, flexible schedules, and a one-of-a-kind environment. For the right candidate, it will feel like a second home.
Your Education and Experience
In addition to the above, the following is a list of skills and traits that describe you. If you have most of these, we’d like to speak with you.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in B2B content marketing or technical marketing.
- 3+ years in a management role with direct reports.
- Experience in cybersecurity, bringing industry knowledge with you.
- Demonstrable results in driving content programs for other B2B companies.
- Bachelor's degree in an area that involved significant writing, or equivalent work experience (such as a journalism background).
- Extensive portfolio of both long- and short-form content that you can share.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and prioritize based on desired outcomes and data-driven insights.
- Consistent, extremely high attention to detail.
- Ability to distill complex technical concepts into crisp, insightful, readable content.
- Ability to develop, refine, and enhance content for multiple platforms and media.
- Comfortable with “interviewing” and working with internal and external subject matter experts and executives.
- Experience leveraging analytics platforms to measure outcomes.
- Deep understanding of inbound marketing and account-based marketing strategies.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to successfully build cross-functional relationships and collaborate with others.
- Passion for crafting amazing, high-quality content about security-related topics.
- Ability to scope projects and bring them in on budget.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Positive attitude and team-oriented mentality.
Bishop Fox has always offered its employees the opportunity to work remotely, and this position could be based remotely in the United States, or out of our Tempe, AZ, and San Francisco offices.
Interested? Apply today.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or veteran status.