We’re looking for an interim Director of Content with strong video experience to help us launch our video efforts, and scale our content strategy. Our ideal candidate has strong eCommerce experience, and a passion for men’s lifestyle. You have a love for storytelling - and a knack for bringing those stories to life through a unique understanding of each platform.
You understand the formats, processes, and distribution strategies to bring things to life across IG, YouTube, and Huckberry.com. You understand how to leverage content for growth.
As interim Director of Content, you will help us launch - and redefine - our current content and video strategy, launch new series/products/campaign ads, build on existing series and create a powerful distribution playbook alongside our co-founder and VP of Marketing, and greater content/creative leads.
Our customer comes to Huckberry for the world’s coolest brands and gear, they have a love for adventure, and trying new things. They are looking for content that connects them to inspiring stories, educates them on the products and brands they support, and they are always looking for ways to continue to nurture a growth mindset.
This will be a 3-month contract with potential to transition to a full-time position.
- Collaborate and improve editorial strategy and build video direction w/ VP of Marketing, and in partnership with product, creative, and performance teams
- Build our video production process and integrate across content, performance, and ecommerce teams.
- Manage a scrappy internal team of producers, writers, and videographers, setting them up for scale as video output increases
- Refine our editorial calendar and establish and manage efficient production and post-production workflows
- Work with marketing and content teams to generate new ideas and then prioritize video initiatives, including product ads, serialized YouTube shows, and brand marketing/campaign support
- Work with our performance marketing and data team to measure success of video, and then test, iterate based on learnings via data
- Ensure high quality editing and technical production for each video/show
- Manage and support the growth of freelance network of content creators - talent, editors, videographers
- 7-10 years of leadership experience in content marketing and video production
- At least 4 years of experience managing a video team and/or show production
- Have used data and reporting to drive content decisions and prioritization, understand how to leverage certain types of content for growth - new customers, LTV of existing customers
- Versed in the foundations of SEO and has track record of testing, iterating, and improving metrics across social channels, including YouTube
- Experience working with internal teams on short timelines and staying scrappy
- Strong communication skills and experience working across departments, multiple stakeholders, including content, performance marketing, product teams
- Experience with and passion for short, mid- and long-form video content
- Have a network of producers, production coordinators, studio managers, motion graphics artists, on-air talent
- Incredible attention to detail and organization, especially when judging multiple projects
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- A love and understanding of the men's lifestyle space, including product and brands
Our mission of inspiring and equipping adventures is at the core of everything we do. That's why in addition to competitive market salaries and benefits, we have a generous vacation policy, paid time off to volunteer, flexible work from home time, a sabbatical program (recent employee trips include a surf and yoga retreat in Morocco, dog sledding in Norway et al.), summer "See You Out There" Fridays, white water rafting trips, and, of course, loads of free gear.
Huckberry is a leading men's lifestyle retailer and magazine. Over a million guys trust us as their go-to resource for the best gear, adventure inspiration, and a lot more. We were recently named one of IAB's most disruptive consumer brands, and we've collaborated with everyone from Matthew McConaughey and Kelly Slater to brands like Lululemon and Coors. We look forward to meeting you!
Want To Get Know Us Better? Check Out Our
- Journal: http://huckberry.com/blog
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Huckberry
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/huckberry
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Huckberry
Huckberry encourages candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are always eager to further diversify our company, and we are committed to providing an inclusive environment of mutual respect where all can flourish. All of our employment decisions are based solely on merit and business need.