We are a diverse and fully distributed team from around the world, working toward a shared vision to raise the standard of trust online.
Join us as a remote Director, Marketing and help grow DuckDuckGo into one of the world's largest and most trusted consumer brands.
You'll define the strategy for growing brand awareness, own key brand metrics, and execute campaigns introducing hundreds of millions of people to DuckDuckGo, helping us to become a household name.
We empower our team to be self-directed and self-motivated in their work. If you'd thrive in that environment and our core values resonate with you -- build trust, question assumptions, and validate direction -- you'll fit right in!
What you will do
- Help grow DuckDuckGo into one of the world's most recognized and trusted consumer brands.
- Own the company's core brand awareness metrics, including aided awareness, unaided awareness, consideration, and trial.
- Define the strategy for growing brand awareness through goal-setting, roadmapping, planning a $10M+ annual media budget, and resourcing projects across 5-10 team members.
- Manage a diverse portfolio of advertising channels including display, online video, TV, radio, billboard, and more.
- Prove that spend drives measurable and profitable growth, and be as granular as possible (e.g., per channel and per campaign). Help us justify aggressive investment in brand advertising.
- Lead and grow a cross-functional team, providing day-to-day project support as well as longitudinal career advising as needed.
- Rigorously model new experiment ideas and prioritize them based on complexity and impact.
- Lead major interdisciplinary projects that span multiple company objectives.
What we are looking for
- 3+ years of experience as a marketing leader for a fast-growing consumer product.
- Proven success in significantly growing brand awareness, adoption, or a similar metric through both traditional and non-traditional marketing strategies.
- Proven strategic leadership skills including goal-setting, roadmapping, hiring, and project resourcing.
- Advanced quantitative analysis skills, including data analysis, modeling, and statistics.
- Experimental mindset and proven ability to design impactful and efficient validation strategies.
- Ability to lead (including hands-on) and oversee multiple diverse, high-complexity projects while deeply understanding all nuances.
- Entrepreneurial attitude and propensity to continually question assumptions and leverage out-of-the-box thinking.
- Flexibility in working seamlessly across diverse disciplines, including strategy, quantitative analysis, creative, user insights, and more.
- Ability to negotiate complex and unconventional advertising deals.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Other things to know
- While we leverage specific job titles for hiring purposes, we do not use them internally. Instead, we follow our own professional levels, with expectations for each level clearly defined across several dimensions.
- We are a small, remote team distributed across time zones, and we rely on a variety of communication tools throughout the day. You should feel comfortable with the intricacies of this type of work situation.
- Sometimes we meet up! Expect to travel at least two times a year: once for our all-hands meetup and again for a team retreat (each ~4-5 days).
- We believe in a focused approach to collaboration, where individual team members work on a single top priority at a time, each supporting larger, company-wide objectives. This philosophy serves to impact our vision to raise the standard of trust online.
- Our work philosophy centers on empowered project management. All team members have opportunities to run projects.
- Transparency supports individual and team success at DuckDuckGo. We encourage everyone to participate in areas of interest throughout the company. Anyone and everyone can (and should) ask questions and offer feedback about our products and internal projects.
- We strive to exemplify our values (build trust, question assumptions, and validate direction) in everything we do.
- While this is a full-time job and we offer a flexible work arrangement with no core hours, expect an average commitment of 40 hours per week.
- We support professional development of our team members through career advisory and a learning stipend, reinforcing our culture of growth and skill-building.
Other reasons to love working at DuckDuckGo
- Flexible vacation and sick leave practices
- Flexible work schedule
- Company-wide hack days
- Company and team meetups
- Open participation in company strategy
- Family leave policy
- Co-working reimbursement
- Hardware and office setup benefits
- Wellness and learning benefits
- Charitable donation matching
- US health benefits
- US 401k
- "Use good judgment" approach to company policies
DuckDuckGo does not leverage any recruiting agencies or services for this role. Instead, we work directly with each candidate throughout a unique hiring process that we've built to reflect our company culture.
DuckDuckGo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you think you might thrive in this environment, we would love to hear from you!
Please note that
- A successful candidate will be subject to a background check.
- By applying for this role, you confirm that information submitted is accurate and that you understand falsification is cause for denial of employment or termination.