Are you looking to grow your career and work with teams who provide digital solutions for some of the biggest brands in the world? Mediacurrent is an open-source development and digital marketing agency that creates transformative digital experience platforms for enterprise, government, non-profit, and higher education organizations and their customers.
Since 2007, we have built a growing, sustainable company that believes in collaboration, education, and providing predictable results for our clients. Organizations such as PwC, New York Senate, Penn State, Georgia Tech, Olympus, Habitat for Humanity, and MagMutual have trusted Mediacurrent to solve their most complex digital and web challenges.
About the Digital Strategy Team
We are revolutionizing how companies are thinking about the web. The role of the Digital Strategist on a project is to take a data-driven approach to transforming websites into powerful engines that deliver results for our clients.
You will be part of a vision that includes continued department growth, constant learning, and providing solutions for challenging digital problems. In our department, no day is the same or monotonous. The people who thrive in this role are detail-oriented, focus on results, and get fired-up about pitching a new idea to a prospect or customer. Most importantly, we work as a team and will be vested in your success. If you've taken a personality test and it shows you are not a team player or cringe at constructive feedback, this opportunity is probably not for you.
Around Mediacurrent, we’re known as Team Sunshine because we look at tough problems as opportunities. Even though you’ll be working from home, you’ll never work alone. We’re constantly brainstorming together through chat and video conferences. If you’re the kind of person who likes asking tough questions, dive deep into research, and gets excited at the thought of presenting your findings to a group of customers, you’ll fit right in. Bonus points if you also have a knack for finding hilarious gifs to share with the group.
About the Role
As a Digital Strategist, you’ll have the opportunity to work with all departments at Mediacurrent—from UX to design, development, quality assurance, and project management—to ensure our engagements achieve high value to our clients. In this role, you’ll work closely to identify their growth goals, develop actionable strategies, and report on the progress of each initiative to the client and key stakeholders at Mediacurrent. To be successful in the role, you’ll need a good amount of creativity, analytical thinking, superb communication skills, excellent project management skills, and a genuine love of digital solutions. A great sense of humor never hurts either.
- Inspire clients and prospects with a vision for their content strategy and brand across all major digital platforms.
- Develop digital strategy and targeted multi-channel marketing programs for our clients that help build profitable, long-term relationships
- Partner with a team of solution architects, writers, and designers to fulfill the business vision and make ideas a reality.
- Mapping out a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why. The continuous evolution of strategy is a must.
- Supervising writers, editors, content strategists; be an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style.
- Develop a content strategy document for the client/project including but not limited to: competitive analysis, editorial style guidelines, editorial workflow, content inventory, gap analysis, and a search optimization plan.
- Develop measurable goals and track the progress of each initiative.
- Define key business challenges and needs in the digital space.
- Actively participate in new business initiatives; create statements of work and client presentations.
- Review competitor strategies and advise clients on growth activities.
- Be a thought leader in business and marketing strategy by contributing articles, ebooks, and leading workshops on behalf of Mediacurrent.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Digital Media, Marketing, Advertising, or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Knowledge of and passion for Drupal and digital marketing.
- Deep understanding of all digital marketing and product experiences and an understanding of how they connect brands and consumers.
- Successful track record of delivering digital programs, products, and services.
- Exceptional communication skills – written, verbal, and presentational.
- Strong leadership, managerial and analytical skills; the ability to analyze data and make recommendations.
- Certified in Google Analytics and comfortable using and interpreting data.
- Experience working with clients to develop KPIs, user personas, competitive and gap analysis, perform content audits and provide recommendations for the information architecture and website navigation.
- Is well informed of UX best practices and understands the importance when making recommendations.
- Understanding of modern SEO and SEM practices.
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Agency experience.
- Experience with additional reporting platforms other than Google Analytics.
- Experience with User Testing
Perks & Benefits
- Work remotely / from home full time.
- Funding and extra days off to attend conferences for continuing education.
- Opportunity to have every other Friday off (9x80 schedule).
- Benefits package, including 100% health insurance coverage for individuals, a matching 401k savings plan, and paid vacation.
- Competitive salary.
- Apple laptop with the tools and resources you need to do your job at the highest level.
- Opportunities for growth and advancement.
- Mentoring, lots of training, and weekly knowledge shares.
If you’re ready to make a difference for users and clients with a team of incredibly supportive, collaborative people, then we want to hear from you! We are a welcoming and inclusive community, and we strongly encourage everyone to apply.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The job will be performed from any location that offers an Internet connection. Due to the nature of the professional services business model, the position may occasionally require more hours of work per day than the typical 8 hour day. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard, as well as be able to or have assistance to install computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work. Light to moderate lifting and the ability to uphold the stress of traveling may be required; regular, predictable attendance is required. Work environment characteristics may include moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic), and may require the ability to work in a confined area, and the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a teammate may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Mediacurrent provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mediacurrent complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates or employees reside. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.