The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,600+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
The Digital Marketing Manager works within the Integrated Marketing team and is responsible for developing and managing the digital demand strategy and plans to support GitLab marketing campaigns across paid search, paid social, programmatic display, and sponsored publisher channels. This role will drive digital campaign execution across integrated marketing teams, and will develop and manage demand execution to drive inquiries and meet pipeline goals from both inbound and outbound campaigns.
The ideal candidate is a proven digital marketing technologist and strategist who possesses a start-up mentality, can quickly uncover new opportunities to optimize and build, takes ownership of key tools, aligns and organizes with cross-functional teams toward one mission. They will have a genuine curiosity for testing new and innovative approaches to generate demand, and will take a data-driven approach to planning and optimizing digital demand across both inbound and outbound channels.
What You'll Do In This Role
- Have a firm understanding of historical campaign performance by segment, audience, product, channel, content and region to drive data-driven strategic campaign recommendations
- Leverage segmentation and buying group data to define target audiences and channels of reach for demand programs, and deliver insights to drive campaign optimization
- Develop quarterly forecasts to ensure inquiries, MQLs and pipeline deliver on goals across all channels and align to demand and sales targets
- Eventually, become an expert on our customer lifecycle, and ways in which customer needs are evolving/how our product meets them.
- Work with product team to implement marketing strategies that span into trial/product experience, and impact both customer conversion and future retention/upsell
- Drive innovation and experimentation on the marketing site & trial experience to improve demand creation & conversion.
- Oversee our paid demand generation programs with our Ad Agency to maximize return on marketing spend.
- Analyze and report data across multiple channels to monitor marketing site growth
- Research marketing trends to continually innovate and test new lead generation approaches
- Effectively communicate campaign strategy, plans and performance across key stakeholders and executives
- Assist in building and improving paid demand generation campaigns across paid search, paid social, programmatic display, and/or sponsored publisher channels.
- Help manage paid demand generation strategy to assist in building sales pipeline by driving high quality leads to our Sales team
- Leverage the customer’s buyer’s journey to architect innovative multi-channel engagement programs that will lead customer prospects through the sales funnel (inquiry through closed-won).
- Manage budgets and project plans to ensure campaigns launch on due date and meet their objectives
- Partner with multiple team to develop creative, content, and web experiences that follow media best practices that will engage customers throughout their journey
- Provide campaign support to other parts of the organization (including but not limited to field marketing, corporate, account-based marketing, etc).
- Work closely with our Ad Agency to ensure the execution of our demand generation campaigns
- Partner with Analytics team to establish measurement framework for digital media campaigns that map to the program goals
- Monitor market trends and competitors to determine marketing opportunities and recommend and take actions to improve visibility of site.
We're Looking For
- Experience in Digital Marketing or Demand Generation role
- Technical/industry experience focused on SEO, SEM, paid social, programmatic display, and/or web conversion rate optimization to improve lead generation, sales pipeline, and revenue.
- Experience with web analytics such as Google Analytics (or related tool)
- Enterprise software marketing experience
- Advanced analytics and reporting experience including advanced knowledge of Excel, Tableau, SQL, and/or similar.
- Experience in using Salesforce, Marketo (or other marketing automation software) a plus
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
To find out more about the compensation for this role, please apply to a role first. Once selected for a screening call, you'll be able to sign up here to view our compensation calculator. Be sure to use the same email address for both.
For Colorado residents: The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $75,600 - $137,700 for Colorado residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.