As Ably enters its next stage of growth, we’re looking for talented and curious individuals to help us build and deliver the platform to power synchronized digital experiences in realtime for one billion devices every month by 2023.
Our everyday digital experiences are in the midst of a realtime revolution. Whether attending an event in a virtual venue, receiving realtime financial information, or monitoring live car performance data – consumers simply expect realtime digital experiences as standard. As such, synchronized data in realtime is now business critical for many organisations. Yet, at the same time, organizations don’t have the in-house capabilities nor the time to do this efficiently at scale. That’s where Ably comes in.
We provide a suite of APIs to build, extend, and deliver powerful digital experiences in realtime for more than 250 million devices across 80 countries each month. Organizations like Toyota, Bloomberg, HubSpot, and Hopin depend on Ably’s platform to offload the growing complexity of business-critical realtime data synchronization at global scale.
Working at Ably means helping to build the infrastructure and technology that will power and shape the future of the internet. The opportunity in front of us is immense. But we can’t rest yet. And we’d like your help.
In this role
We are looking for an experienced B2B high-tech Digital Marketing Manager to join our team and make an immediate impact across all of our Demand Generation programs, activities and campaigns as we continue our rapid growth.
As part of a small team, this role will give the right candidate the opportunity to dive deep into all aspects of proactive integrated campaigns to a well-defined set of personas and companies through paid channels and activities focusing on creating engagement converting into measurable sign-ups and pipeline as we accelerate our growth and trajectory.
This role will have company-wide visibility and impact as you’ll collaborate closely with Content Marketing, Sales and Customer Success, and the broader Marketing team.
Day to Day, You Will
- Plan, build, execute, follow-up, measure, optimise and report on campaigns and activities to contribute to freemium sign-ups, MQL generation and pipeline acceleration through paid tactics to well defined targeted personas and accounts
- Collaborate with Content Marketing squad to leverage their editorial calendar, align to new capabilities being launched and new themes or topics relevant to our key audiences through integrated campaign execution
- Develop strategies for both acquiring and re-engaging leads that drive awareness, consideration and purchase intent across all channels including paid media, email nurturing, webinars, paid programs and virtual events
- Virtual and field demand gen events to raise company and solution awareness and generate engaged qualified leads from sponsoring, speaking and marketing opportunities
- Support with and take some ownership of digital marketing: display, prospecting, retargeting, remarketing, syndication and peer reviews with agency support where needed
- Have a strong understanding and focus around persona-driven and ABM campaigns to proactively land in high intent and right profile of individuals and accounts
- Proactively partner with our sales teams and sales development managers to ensure seamless interactions for lead follow-up, lead development and account penetration
- Fill the top of the funnel with quality leads and design a nurture program per segment in order to move the lead down the middle-of-funnel and bottom-of-funnel journey
It Would Be Great If You Have
- 3-5 years of B2B demand generation or campaigns marketing with demonstrated lead, pipeline and revenue growth, preferably in enterprise high-tech SaaS
- Deep demand gen functional knowledge and experience with modern MarTech stack methods and tooling, including persona ABM strategies, experience with Hubspot is ideal
- Analytically-driven decision maker, strong attention to detail with the ability to capture and share key data and insights and use data to drive key marketing strategies and decisions
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills focussed including engaging email and digital ad copy
- Extremely organized with excellent project and time management skills
- A self-starter that can work with minimal direction to get the job done perfectly as an individual contributor.
It Would Be Nice If You Have
- Experience with Google Analytics & Adwords
- Experience working with retargeting/remarketing platforms
- Experience using HubSpot
What’s It like to Work at Ably?
Ably is entering a new phase of growth led by an experienced senior team. You’ll be part of a successful, highly motivated, and extremely collaborative team.
To provide the infrastructure required for the next generation of the internet, to tell the world about it, and to support everyone inside Ably to do so we hire people who are ready and capable of taking on challenging problems in a high-growth environment.
We want to work in a company of inclusive people who treat each other well. To really thrive at Ably, you’ll need to believe in and be prepared to do your work in line with our values, which are:
- Open for all. Open is a mindset. When open, we’re better collaborators, communicators and creators. Whether open source, standards, or protocols, open hearts, minds, and eyes. It’s better when it’s open.
- Bias for action. We avoid analysis paralysis at all costs. We lean into doing in order to move us forward. When we have enough of what we need to act, we act.
- Even the best do better. We want to be the best - but that doesn’t mean we rest when we are. Improvement and growth - true betterment - is an ongoing journey. One fuelled by curiosity and taking risks.
- Technology needs humanity. Our technology means little without people - whether that’s how we treat our colleagues, or how we design developer experiences. Being human matters.
- Dependable people make dependable things. Dependability is integral to our mission and technology, but being dependable starts with our people. When we care enough to take real ownership of our products and problems - all else will follow.
- Bold creativity leads to the greatest rewards. When viewed through a different lens, what stands in the way can become the way. The bigger the challenge the easier the choice: bold creativity will always move us forward, create better outcomes, and set us apart.
What’s In It For You?
- A good, competitive salary
- A great company culture
- Share options
- The chance to learn and grow with a fast-moving company, supported by a learning budget that gives you access to professional training, events, conferences, workshops etc.
- Remote first: Unless you want to pop into our communal office space in Shoreditch, London, you'll work from home most of the time, apart from when we have planning sessions and Summits
- Your choice of high quality tech kit to work on
- Home workstation set up budget of £500, plus an annual top-up of £250
- Regular company away days and social events
- Friday need-to-know drinks and snacks
- Private health insurance, including Doctor@Hand
- Access to private and confidential coaching with Sanctus
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme with AXA
- A monthly wellbeing budget with Juno
- Company contributions towards your pension
- 25 days of paid annual leave (33 days including bank holidays)
- 10 days of paid sick leave (including mental health days) per year
- Dog friendly office for when you’re in the office!
If you enjoy working as part of a technology company, value open source, and love solving hard problems - then we’d love to hear from you, regardless of whether you fit the job description exactly or not. If in doubt, drop us an email; we’d be more than happy to give you some advice on your application.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion.