We are Zego - a commercial motor insurance provider that powers opportunities for businesses, from entire fleets of vehicles to self-employed drivers and riders. We combine best-in-class technology with sophisticated data sources to offer insurance products that save businesses time and money.
Since our inception, we have believed that the problem with traditional insurance is that it holds businesses back. It’s too expensive and time consuming, and it no longer suits businesses who use vehicles to earn money. Our products represent a solution to this problem for businesses based across the UK, Europe and beyond.
So far, we have raised over $200 million in funding and we were the first UK insurtech to be valued at over $1 billion. We were also the first to be awarded our own insurance license and recently won Tech Company of the Year 2020.
At Zego, we are proud to say we have a diverse and inclusive team, unified by our shared values and mission. Our people are the most important part of our story and everybody at Zego, no matter their role, has an integral part to play.
Purpose Of The Role
We’re looking for a copywriter / UX writer to sanitise and evolve the content of our various customer-facing interfaces, in line with the tone of voice of our brand and tailored to our variety of customers and the place on their journey.
This is an exciting opportunity to solve the issues of explaining complex concepts in simple ways to a variety of customer types, bringing them along for the journey, in collaboration with a variety of disciplines including Content, Product, UX Design and Research.
The Content and Comms team at Zego is responsible for all communications and content, from PR to CRM to social media to website/ digital interfaces, and so forth. It is the goal of the team to produce outstanding work that rivals not just competitors in the insurance industry, but brands in any industry, and to deliver effective comms and content solutions based on Zego's business needs.
This role will focus on content for interfaces, covering all online experiences (web and app) and all stages of the customer journeys.
It will involve both crafting new content and optimising what’s already there, influencing the user’s flows to ensure clarity, inspire trust and improve conversion.
What You Will Be Working On
- You will be the go-to person for content creation and optimisation for our digital interfaces (apps and web), working with Agile squads of engineers, product managers and designers
- You will craft clear and optimised content structures for our product proposition, and participate in creating a content development strategy
- You will advise on our current customer journeys and identify opportunities for improvement, proposing A/B tests where needed
- You will play a key role in evolving the UX and content of our digital platforms, websites and apps, in collaboration with multiple other teams
What You Will Need To Be Successful In The Role
- You are able to explain complex concepts in a simple and understandable way that can be easily digested by non-native english speakers
- You have experience writing content for customer journeys end-to-end, for a variety of digital platforms (mobile, web, email), working together with designers to establish the best placement and fit
- You're confident in your knowledge of UX principles and interface writing best practices, using tools such as personas to ensure the content is tailored to our customers
- You have practice dealing with product or business stakeholders, asking the right questions to get clear and organised requirements that keep the customer at the centre of the experience
- You are a good problem solver, you like data-driven solutions
- You have empathy, both towards our customers’ needs and your colleagues across the company. You can appreciate and aid in everyone’s efforts into reaching our collective goals, collaborating daily with other departments
- You are a good team player, happy to collaborate and critique work within your team, squad and stakeholders
- You are flexible. You care about your project but you are not married to an outcome or a process. We’re a fast growing company, things can change rapidly and it should be challenging and fun
What's It Like To Work @ Zego?
Zego has a truly international and inclusive team, unified by great ideas and collaborative thoughtfulness. Our people are the most important part of our story and everyone plays an essential role in our journey. We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and who are motivated by change.
There’s plenty of room to learn and grow, as part of our ongoing training programmes or directly from other experts. You’ll work alongside a talented group of people who respect each other's differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.