Do you have experience editing technical content? Are you familiar with the project management of moving an article through multiple stages of edits? Do you know the difference between a developmental edit and a copy edit? Are you able to give constructive and positive feedback to subject matter experts who might be new to writing professionally?
We're looking for a freelance developmental editor to join our roster. Draft.dev has a robust editing process, from tech reviewers to developmental editors to copy editors, to ensure that our content reaches a high level of polish before we submit it to our clients. Our DEs set the tone for the finished article and see it through the entire editing process.
About the Company
Draft.dev is a content marketing agency focused on creating in-depth, technical content for growing technology startups. We work with subject matter experts from around the world to create tutorials, blog posts, and e-books for our clients. Founded in 2020, we're a small but quickly growing team of technologists, writers, marketers, editors, and designers.
We'd Like Someone Who Can
- Give writers feedback and guidance to structure their articles
- Clean up writing for clarity and readability, especially for ESL writers
- Understand complex technical topics at a high level
- Promptly and clearly communicate with writers and Draft.dev team members
- Manage several articles simultaneously
- 3+ years of professional editing and/or writing experience in technical or comparably complex subject matter
- Proficient in developmental editing and/or line editing
- 10–20 work hours available per week
- Deliver on deadlines
- Adhere to editing processes and style guides
- Communicate as needed and take instruction from a lead editor
- Comfortable in all-remote environment
- Flexible hours, location, and (almost always) asynchronous work
- $50/hour starting pay rate
- Help shape the direction of a quickly growing small business and help our freelance writers improve their skills
- Submit your application. We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are only able to respond to applicants we plan to move forward with.
- Top applicants will be asked to complete a paid trial assignment.
- You'll join a 30-minute intro call to learn more about our process and team.
Ready to Apply?
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.