The Institute for Justice seeks an experienced writer to join our growing fundraising team as they work to raise the Institute’s $30 million budget annually. This position is ideal for a motivated self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and is focused on producing results. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of producing compelling, action-oriented narratives for variety of audiences and be able to manage a growing portfolio of general operating and project-specific grants.
- Draft grant proposals, reports, and other documents for foundations and high-dollar individuals
- Manage and grow a significant portfolio of general operating support grants as well as select project-specific grants
- Identify and follow through on new foundation and individual support
- Assist with drafting various communications to individual donors such as responses to inquiries, solicitation letters, and other updates
- Review grant deliverables to ensure that the Institute is on track to meet all promised outputs and outcomes; track and update progress through the life cycle of the grant
- Identify top growth prospects; develop and execute a strategy to increase donor support
- Proven ability to distill complex information into easy-to-understand, persuasive narratives
- Strong philosophical commitment to promoting individual liberty and challenging government abuse
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, prioritize, problem-solve, and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to producing error-free work
- Ability to build relationships with staff, donors, and others
- Command of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams)
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Familiarity with Salesforce is a plus
Salary is commensurate with experience. The Institute for Justice offers full health, dental, and life insurance benefits; a retirement savings plan; and the opportunity to work with high-performing individuals in a collaborative, collegial, positive work environment.
To apply, please submit a resume and a cover letter detailing how your experience will ensure success in this position along with two to three brief writing samples of 2- to 3-pages each (letters of inquiry and excerpts of proposals or grant reports are encouraged).
No phone calls, please.
IJ is an equal opportunity employer.