Heart & Stroke is a place that values championing health and has a bias for action as we tackle heart disease and stroke. Our mission is to promote health, save lives and enhance recovery. We are committed to a culture that exemplifies our core values: CHAMPION Health, PRACTICE Humility, EMBRACE Change, DRIVE impact, LEARN and GROW and BE HEARTFELT.
Please note Heart and Stroke (H&S) is committed to supporting the health, wellbeing, and safety of our employees and their families. As such, temporary remote work arrangements are currently in place and we are regularly reviewing this as we monitor public health guidelines.
Who We Need
This position is a full-time contract for 18 months to fulfill our growing needs in corporate and major gifts solicitation. The role will create, develop, and enhance an integrated mix of donor and partner-centered communication tools to support sponsors, major gift donors, and other development activities. This will include the creation and development of proposal and stewardship templates, and highly customized corporate partnership pitch decks, donor gift proposals, grant applications, and meaningful stewardship correspondence.
How You Will Make an Impact Every Day
*Corporate Sponsorship and Individual Major Gift Proposal Development *
- Strategically and compellingly align the organization’s priorities to the partner or donor in support of sponsorship and philanthropic solicitation efforts
- Liaising with various internal stakeholders, lead the development of national corporate partnership and major gift decks and proposals, including funding proposals for individuals, corporations, foundations, and other organizations
- Effectively and successfully integrate Heart & Stroke’s mission priorities and successes, research profiles, goals and objectives, programs and services, and the role of sponsorship/philanthropy in achieving organizational goals
- Ensure all writing assignments are completed on time and are approved by appropriate stakeholders
- Execute communication that grabs attention, builds conviction and desire, stirs interest, and calls the audience to action throughout all stages of the corporate/major gift fundraising process
Major Gift Donor & Corporate Partner Stewardship
- Deliver prompt, personal, and meaningful gift acknowledgment correspondence
- Create compelling stewardship and impact reports that clearly and effectively articulate the impact that the corporation/individual has made
- Communicate compellingly to partners and donors and other audiences about how their support accomplishes measurable results by advancing heart disease and stroke research, awareness, advocacy, and support during recovery.
- Develop persuasive speeches for Development staff presenting at events.
- Execute, coordinate and advise on a diverse array of print and electronic communications that support all stages of the donor cycle.
What You Bring
- Undergraduate degree in a related field.
- 3-5 years experience in fundraising or communications, with expertise in developing customized corporate partnership proposals, major gift proposals, and/or grant applications.
- Experience in project management, with a demonstrated ability to manage for results and set and establish new standards of success.
- Strong understanding of the major gifts and corporate partnership fundraising process.
- Superior expertise in standard writing and editing skills including English grammar, punctuation, and syntax.
- Superior interpersonal relationship-building skills.
- Excellent technical/analytical skills and attention to detail.
- A keen eye for design and developing high-quality communications materials.
- Proven ability to work in a multi-layered, complex, results-orientated institution with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Superior ability to produce high-quality work under tight, constantly changing deadlines, combined with comfort managing multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced experience in developing creative and compelling PowerPoint Presentations.
- Experience in Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop) is an asset.
- Committed to the highest standards of professionalism and donor relations.
Beat as one. If you want to join the fight to beat heart disease and stroke while building an engaged and giving community, apply by November 5, 2021.
To learn more about our mission, our values, and the difference our foundation makes in the lives of Canadians at every age, visit our website.
At Heart & Stroke, we believe in equity, diversity, and inclusion; it’s embedded in our values and core mission work to support all people in Canada to lead healthier lives. We are committed to applying this principle to cultivate a welcoming environment that embraces diversity among our employees. Candidates from diverse backgrounds, including but not limited to, Indigenous peoples, racialized and LGBTQ2+ communities, women, and people with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free, and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.