The Developer Relations Education team seeks a senior technical writer to compose documentation, tutorials, and other materials for our platform's newest features and frequent evolutions. You’ll work with our product, design, and engineering teams to make api.slack.com a delightful learning experience.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What You Will Be Doing
- Write, edit, and manage schedules for delightful long-form documentation, written in a mix of markdown & JSON
- Supervise and scale the collection and resolution of documentation feedback
- Regularly reinvent and revamp our existing extensive literature
- Improve the Slack developer experience by improving our custom CMS or by getting involved in API feature design
What You Should Have
- 3+ years experience in developer relations, developer support, and/or writing documentation for developer-focused software
- Strong writing and editorial skills
We Also Prefer But Don’t Require
- Experience developing against the Slack platform
- Familiarity with API specification formats like OpenAPI
- Creative writing background
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.